Job Location: Bratislava
Regional Description: Slovakia
Job Number: 00344713 00344713_en
Job Description Overview
Spot Buyer’s role is to apply standard practices and processes in supporting one-off spot buying for operating and capital goods & services in direct support of CLIENT’s Procurement Organization. Included in the process are clarification and definition of end-user requirements, formal bidding, supplier selection, contract negotiations, and supplier management (tactical). The resource in this role mitigates risk, operates in a cost effective manner, and delivers bottom-line /cost avoidance savings, while following standard CLIENT- and Accenture-approved processes and practices. The person in this role will take the lead in providing fulfilment services for niche and /or CLIENT’s specific needs (i.e., local sourcing, supplier diversity, etc.). This resource also provides sourcing support services to CLIENT’s, and Accenture’s (if applicable), Category Managers and more senior Category or Capital Buyers / Specialists.
• Review and analyze client requirements. Work with CLIENT to determine best procurement strategy to meet the needs of the requirements.
• Identify and source potential suppliers based on the requirements provided by CLIENT’s stakeholders / customers / end-users / requestors.
• Proactively develop and maintain productive working relationships with key customers and suppliers, with a focus on understanding and addressing and incorporating client-specific contractual requirements into supply agreements.
• Collaborate with CLIENT, and Accenture (if applicable), Category Managers and Global Category Leads to ensure alignment with broader strategy, inclusive of establishing supplier agreements with suppliers meeting client requirements.
• Pre-qualify Suppliers based on prior experience and performance in the category, financial strengths/ratings, and ability to meet or provide current requirements.
• Determine and develop RFx Selection Model for supplier solicitation.
• Negotiate CLIENT’s terms and conditions, along with CLIENT’s Procurement and Legal – as required, as well as pricing with selected supplier. Ensure best pricing and terms and conditions for requirements are met for CLIENT’s need.
• Report cost savings using established cost savings methodologies.
• Enforce corporate policy on the use of master agreements and approval guidelines.
• Be positioned to provide suppliers and end-user a comprehensive overview of contract execution tasks with focus on requisitioning of and understanding of payment-for-services rendered.
• Manage contract execution process, including obtaining contract signatures, when and where applicable.
• Maintain a strong understanding and knowledge of legal points and policy issues, which mitigate legal risk for CLIENT and Accenture.
• Track and monitor supplier performance aligning to overall supplier management framework for the category. This includes monitoring and managing supplier deliverables against agreed statement of work (SOW) / contract milestones, and work with end-users to take appropriate action in the event of delay / non-delivery.
• Support the development of statements of work (SOWs) / contracts containing detailed user requirements and supplier expectations.
• Report Spot Buy Program spend and savings results against forecasts. Electronically "route" Tail Spend purchase requisitions to Supplier, based on pre-agreed parameters as defined above
• Assessment of Tail Spend opportunities via data mining and spend analysis using CLIENT’s tools
• Agree with Supplier process for conducting ongoing CLIENT’s stakeholders and suppliers communications for promotion of the tail spend service
• Conduct ongoing communication with CLIENT’s stakeholders and suppliers to promote the tail spend service
• Work with CLIENT’s Procurement to continuously identify key business stakeholders with tail spend and work closely with them to align their needs and drive more spend through the Tail Spend management
work closely with them to align their needs and drive more spend through the Tail Spend management service
• Understand stakeholder requirements, and work together to drive Tail Spend though the Tail Spend management team
• Clarify purchase item specification in order to procure optimum product/service
• Validate specification based on CLIENT’s internal buying policies if applicable, and propose alternatives if required to optimise the savings opportunity
• Leverage all existing category cards as provided by CLIENT
• Support supplier rationalization
• Review possible additions to existing catalogues and report to category sourcing lead
• Periodic vetting of existing contracts, pricing, terms and conditions to execute opportunity strategy
• Identify ability to source product / service through extension of an existing contract
• Utilise market & supplier knowledge to propose additional potential suppliers for CLIENT to consider if appropriate, based on CLIENTS NAME stated
• Create / update of category cards when applicable
• Identify and source potential vendors based on the requirements provided by CLIENT and based on the standard spot buy process as outlined in the category cards
• Determine and develop quote/RFx for vendor solicitation based on sourcing strategy and size
• Negotiate pricing with vendors on existing quotes, based on value threshold, to verify best pricing requirements are met for CLIENT
• Document negotiations and procurement results, to include cost savings and mitigated risks
• Confirm approved supplier to requestor when notified by CLIENT
• Update purchase request with new supplier information
• Work with relevant category manager / sourcing project lead within CLIENT to define contract approach
• Update contract within Contracts Database, Expense Map and Orange Pages
• Provide all details of the selected item to the eCatalogue team for uploading
• Manage live Quick Auction Event where determined for higher value requests (typically >£50k)
• Maintain communications with all in-scope bidders/suppliers throughout the auction event
Commercial and Financial Responsibilities
• Produce as directed: project information, reports, supplier quality reviews, and analytics.
• Report cost savings using established cost savings methodologies.
• Monitor as directed: performance measurement for each assigned supply relationship area including service level agreements and non-performance penalties.
Service Level Agreement
• Negotiate supplier agreements and submit supplier recommendations and quotes to customers within 3,5 or 8 days
• Achieve >10% savings (on average) on Spot Buy purchases
• Spot Buy requests
• Qualified sourced / preferred suppliers
• RFx selection process documentation
• Completed supplier recommendations with quote
• Negotiated agreements
• Signed contracts (as applicable)
• Helpful and proactive manner is important
• Strong customer orientation and communication skills
• Good interpersonal and analytical skills
• Good administration skills
• Ability to plan, prioritize, and deliver work independently
• Ability to forge relationships and quickly establish credibility based on merit, knowledge, and experience
• Comfortable with responding to requests from all levels of the organization/culture
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• General knowledge of contract law and drafting specifications / contracts / statements of work
• Prior Purchasing experience preferred
• Spot Buying / sourcing experience, including procurement of capital goods and services
• Microsoft Excel skills - to the intermediate level
• Knowledge of Ariba (preferred)
• Ability to work cross functionally and resolve conflict
• Strong organizational skills and ability to perform under tight deadlines
• Prior experience with Ariba software (beneficial)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Excellent English and Slovenian in Oral & Written
• 2-3 years general business experience, 1-2 years in procurement related function of middle sized or large organization with posting environment e.g. Administrator or processor, or Customer Service or Call Centre background would be helpful
• Preferred experience in buying and sourcing goods and services / labor (including capital)
• Demand is typically 40 hours per week, although seasonal or project demand may require additional hours.
• Role may involve travel to multiple CLIENT sites, potentially up to 20%.
• Standard Working Hours are from: 8.30 AM till 5.30 PM (CET)
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.