Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Why Accenture Strategy?
In the world of strategy today, it is about the future, and in the future, technology is the disruptor. Digital technology is changing competitive landscapes and creating new opportunities for almost every organization. This situation plays directly to Accenture's strengths; operating at the intersection of business and technology. With Accenture Strategy, we have created what we believe is the strategy firm of the future. It’s a very exciting place to be!
Our 8,000+ strong team of strategists combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of our client’s industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that Accenture can. This is what our clients’ current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different to any other strategy firm in the market.
Business Strategy sets the stage for growth, innovation and competitiveness through a practical, integrated approach. Our understanding of the industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends means Accenture is at the heart of the big discussions for clients today. Accenture’s business strategists go beyond just describing the business models of the future and help their clients to realize the models and the associated rewards.
Businesses are facing numerous market pressures across stakeholders to embed sustainability and relevant environmental, societal and governance (ESG) considerations as part of businesses’ core planning and operations activities. These considerations are usually highly contextualized, cutting across different knowledge domains, such as climate impact/ decarbonization, circular economy, equal opportunity and access. New shared value (for shareholders and stakeholders) can be unlocked through responsible transformations – characterized by a shift in the value paradigm, digital and technology enablement, as well as partnership and ecosystem innovation. Sustainability at Accenture will focus on the following 4 defined growth areas:
- Net Zero Carbon Industry Transitions;
- Responsible Supply Chain, Product Design & Circular Economy;
- Sustainable Technologies / Green IT & Cloud;
- Green Finance
Your Role: Senior Manager/Manager
- Sustainability Strategy Senior Manager/ Manager, you will be responsible for delivering client value within the agreed timeframe and budget. You understand the client’s unique situation and develop deliverables that exceed expectations. You are able lead a team to perform complex analyses to support business case realization while keeping the broader perspective in mind. You will work in a technology inspired and innovative environment in which you are able to identify what is required to solve client challenges and build and maintain strong client relationships.
Typical activities include:
- Application of consulting skills: Supervising and supports the structuring and on-time delivery of the overall project issues, analyses and deliverables; synthesizing and preparing storylines and cogent documents with minimal supervision; leading project teams across the full range of topics within, our functional practices
- Leadership of projects: Structuring the project plan; ensuring full consistency with Accenture methodologies, communication standards and best practices; tracking progress of the team against the work plan; Ensuring the quality of project deliverables; balancing the competing demands on the team
- Business development: leading client development efforts, and around engaging clients on business issues and collaborating on the writing of proposals; developing points of view on issues facing the industry.
- People development: Eliciting maximum team performance potential from the team through feedback, coaching and creating opportunities for team members to grow; providing regular feedback to team members highlighting strengths and development needs; motivating team performance
- Building and sustaining Communities of Practice (CoP): Taking ownership and proactive measures to curate, evolve and sustain the CoP; connecting and bringing together the different synergistic capabilities across BUs/GUs to enable a coherent, impactful, yet differentiated delivery of service proposition; leveraging global expertise, approaches and insights while factoring in local context and nuances; actively contributing to the CoP asset and knowledge base; expanding the reach and influence of the CoP across internal and external avenues.
- Gain exposure to a range of new and emergent technologies: Leverage Accenture global Sustainability and broader Strategy & Consulting network to gain exposure to next generation Sustainability solutions, technologies and approaches.
Your Experience: We’re looking for senior managers with,
- A university degree in Business or Engineering is required and candidates typically also have an MA, MSc, MBA or PhD degree.
- Specialization in or dedicated exposure to sustainability-linked curriculum as part of tertiary education qualification (or above) is preferred
- 7 to 15 years of business consulting in an international firm, or equivalent experience in the industry with exposure to sustainability strategy and initiatives development and associated business partners and stakeholder management, is required
- Experience in shaping and leading sustainability consulting engagements is required
- General knowledge of the financial services sector, wholesale and commercial banking and their respective products
- Knowledge of sustainable investing/lending
- Understanding of data sources and elements needed to perform ESG scoring/rating etc.
- Ability to analyze ESG issues and communicate with clients
- A keen eye for trends shaping our business landscape and the implications for Accenture
- Ability to prepare structured storylines to deliver the insights in an impactful manner
Intellectual capacity and ability to think in new, innovative ways to understand complex issues and develop creative solutions are critical to success as a business strategist. We seek people who are adept in
- Problem solving: structuring, issue identification, data gathering and analysis, synthesis and recommendation development Board / CEO level communication skills, both written and oral in English
- Business judgement, including understanding of client organizations and dynamics
- Client interaction skills, maturity and empathy, and ability to work effectively within a consulting team
- Demonstrated leadership potential and drive
- Strong, well-structured communication skills, both written and oral, including in English
- Identify and develop new client opportunities to advise companies on transformational change and capability building with regards to Green Finance
- Help clients identify new areas for growth, new ways to increase efficiency and reduce costs and new means to build trust and reputation
- Manage sustainability consulting projects in areas such as ESG Investment/Lending strategy, ESG scoring/ratings/indices etc.
- Be an important source of intellectual insight on a client project, framing business problems in a way that the team can then execute to drive impact and client value
- Work with rest of Accenture to develop Green Finance assets that can be taken to market and implemented at clients
- Manage research on commodities supply chains, ESG issues, and sustainability disclosure and performance by companies; develop point of views/thought leadership
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You’ll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.