Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge.
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognised worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
We are recognized as a global market leader in climate change and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) services working with clients to reach their sustainability objectives through the application of digital transformation and emerging technologies. Our dedicated team brings deep experience integrating sustainability into strategy, operating models, processes, and technologies to deliver sustainable growth.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO
As a team:
Accenture’s Sustainability Measurement, Analytics and Performance Practice helps our clients understand their ESG performance and unlock sustainable value. We do this with the careful application of analytics, artificial intelligence and cloud computing to solve competing business problems. This helps clients enhance the accuracy, integrity and credibility of the ESG metrics to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders. At Accenture we have established this team to harness the power of technology to amplify human ingenuity in seeking solutions across the entire enterprise and ESG Agenda. In joining the ESG Sustainability Measurement, Analytics and Performance team you will drive the C-Suite agenda to address some of the key challenges facing organisations including:
- Which technologies should I implement to track, report and model scenarios on ESG metrics?
- What measures can I implement to change the mindset and behaviours towards ESG across my organisation?
- How can I provide my stakeholders with timely insights they can trust and understand in order to drive performance?
- How can I better understand and measure the ESG-related risks in my portfolio?
Your work will be underpinned by an understanding of how new technologies impact business models and enable a more sustainable and resilient future. As part of the wider Accenture team, you’ll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you.
On our team you will:
- Lead successful Sustainability Measurement, Analytics and Performance engagements, addressing our clients’ business challenges to deliver commercial success together with positive impacts for society and the environment.
- Deliver on engagements focused on - Sustainability strategy, ESG performance, reporting and analytics, Impact assessment, Sustainability business transformations
- Leverage your core consulting skills to understand and structure the clients’ challenges; develop hypotheses on solutions; undertake market and trends assessments and develop business cases to unlock value and enhance sustainability outcomes
- Use your deep industry knowledge and sustainability expertise to advise clients on their sustainability transformation
- Build client relationships and develop your pipeline of work through opportunity, proposal, and commercial phase
- Lead high performing multidisciplinary teams, leading by example, actively mentoring others and contributing to performance management and recruitment activities
Support knowledge building efforts such as developing offerings, assets, capabilities, and relevant thought leadership and engage with the wider Sustainability community across Accenture globally
We are looking for experience in the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project or consulting type of work in roles or you have dedicated experience from ESG work e.g. as a CSO or in a sustainability team
- Solid Knowledge in Data/Tech led Sustainability measurement:
- KPI, Metrics and Dashboard design (expertise in Framework Metrics)
- Emissions baselining (especially Scope 3)
- Modelling and Scenario planning
- Cost Accounting and allocations
- Reporting Strategies
- SAP, Azure or Workiva deployments & Platform selection
- Data Models (NLP, NLG, NLU, CV, ML modeling) & Architectures (including technology & Platforms)
- Experienced in defining & implementing tech-led value chain solutions (at least 2 of the following items):
- Define net zero roadmap with defined initiatives and associated business case, leveraging digital, IOT and AI (Material and process efficiency, scaling renewables, enhancing circularity, nature-based solutions, offsets)
- Bring implementation roadmap of Technology led solutions to market. (Such as product carbon footprint management, use of digital twins, blockchain, satellite-based solutions to track and trace terrestrial carbon footprint)
- Innovations such as engaging start-ups and financial instruments to incentivize change
- Knowledge and familiarity of recognised ESG/sustainability frameworks and standards (TCFD, SBTi, GRI or similar)
- Relationship building at all levels, including with Senior Executives and C-Suite
- Leadership of diverse teams in complex and ambiguous strategy engagements. True team player and feel highly motivated to work in a diverse, non-hierarchical and transparent environment
- Passionate about working at the intersection of enterprise value, technology and sustainability and have the ability to craft, sell and deliver change for some of the largest companies in the Growth Markets
- Staff development and mentoring
- Comfortable leading presentations and workshops with large audiences
- Flexible to meet Accenture and Client travel requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering related discipline or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
Set yourself apart:
- Experience working on sustainability engagements in one or more industries which are leading the sustainability transformation including: energy/renewables; mining and metals; consumer goods and retail; financial services; software platforms
- Ability to deliver on topics including Sustainable strategy; ESG impact assessment and business model diagnostics; Carbon Measurement and Disclosures, ESG monitoring and tracking; Sustainable finance; ESG reporting, analytics and modelling; Future operating model and sustainability leadership
- Strong understanding of the sustainability regulatory landscape to guide clients on how to prioritise
- Extensive experience at a top tier strategy or boutique sustainability consulting firm
- Experience of using digital technologies to solving clients’ complex business and sustainability problems
- Confidence to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner and to constructively challenge team members and leadership to ensure the right client outcomes and value are delivered
What’s in it for you
As part of the wider Accenture team, you’ll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialised capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Financial Market Infrastructure Tech Innovation Associate Director
Posted 4 days ago
Metaverse Strategy (Senior) Manager
Posted 13 days ago
Tech Sustainability Innovation - Senior Manager
Posted 30 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.