About the role
You will be part of a cross-functional, self-organizing agile squad to support the development and testing of a national app in the public sector. In your capacity as the Mobile Application specialist in the squad, you will be developing native Android mobile apps (Android Kotlin) and working fellow mobile engineers, integration and test-automation engineers to integrate and consume the APIs.
A day in the life of an Android Mobile Application Engineer (responsibilities)
- Participate in Squad’s agile planning, delivery, review and discussion sessions as both an individual specialist and part of the self-organizing agile squad.
- Work with other members from APIs and UX to define both the technical and user interfaces.
- Build mobile app and integrate with backend APIs.
- Participate in code reviews, POC/spike, brown-bags sharing, Sprint planning/review/retrospective, ideation and design thinking workshop with clients and other teams.
- Support the operation team and the helpdesk team for deployment operations and troubleshooting issues
- Bring innovation to improve the developer as well as user experience, e.g. intuitive design, out-of-box thinking, automation tools, security, frameworks etc
Mandatory hands-on experience for senior engineer:
Core languages and knowledge:
- Proficient with Android native development using Kotlin
- Experience developing on latest 4 Android OS versions, generally understand the key differences and new features in each OS versions.
- Android technical architecture and design patterns MVVM.
- Proficient in multiple thread handling, experience with common solutions such as Coroutine
- Familiar with dependency injection frameworks, and design approaches for testing
- Familiar with Android UI layout design, material design and common widgets
- Have a mind for implementing good UX design
- Hands-on with writing unit tests and integration test-cases.
- Best practices around developing apps for performance and secure mobile app.
Development Tools: Git/BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence
Also advantageous to have working knowledge of:
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean etc.)
- Firebase (Crashlytics, Events, APIs, Database, etc)
- JSON Web token (JWT), SAML, OAuth2, PKI Infrastructure.
- Gradle for build flavour configurations, dependencies and resource management and CICD tasks
Good to have:
- Android Compose framework experience
- Understanding of security mechanisms and technic in mobile app and communication channel protection
- Experience with Android secure storage/keystore, TLS secure connections, data encryption and PKI.
- CICD with Fastlane/Bamboo/Jenkins.
- Experience with using Proguard for code optimization and obfuscation
- Experience with Android Jetpack’s Navigation framework
- Understanding of micro-service / service-oriented architectures.
- Github to demonstrate your study and own project
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Please read Accenture’s Recruiting and Hiring Statement for more information on how we process your data during the Recruiting and Hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 700,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.