Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Interactive Legal Counsel
The Global Services Legal team is a strategic business partner and a product counsel for the four Service lines of Accenture, i.e. Interactive, Strategy & Consulting, Technology and Operations. The Global Services Legal team is seeking to appoint a legal counsel to support Accenture’s Interactive business.
Accenture Interactive is part business consultancy, part creative agency and part technology powerhouse that is dedicated to reimagining businesses through experiences. Click here for more information on Accenture Interactive.
The variety of work of the role, and the experience it offers, provides an unbeatable platform from which to build a career. Candidates that have previously worked with international teams and who have creative agency, digital marketing and/or ecommerce services related experience are highly desirable.
Responsibilities of Interactive Legal Counsel
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing legal support to strategic business initiatives and programs;
- Conducting legal assessments of Interactive offerings and making recommendations that mitigate risks, while enabling desired outcomes for the business;
- Carrying out regulatory compliance reviews and providing advice, including future-looking projections of any anticipated regulatory changes with potential impact on the Interactive business;
- Enabling sales & delivery legal team with the handling of day-to-day contracting for Interactive Offerings by providing contracting job aids and by facilitating Interactive approvals and escalations;
- Supporting V&A legal team and business leadership in the evaluation of prospective acquisition targets, and in the development of PMI strategy;
- Shaping new strategic alliances and partnerships; and
- Participating in projects and other initiatives relating to topics that address use of data and technology, ethics, human rights and other legal and societal issues.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- JD degree or equivalent degree or legal qualification.
- Admitted to the bar (or local equivalent) and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practise law.
- 5+ years legal experience, with preference of some in-house experience.
- We are looking for candidates with:
- Strong organisational and communication skills;
- Good judgment, and ability to analyse, prioritize and make decisions, and spot and mitigate risks;
- Pragmatic and practical approach to legal advice and legal support;
- Track record of developing positive relationships with busines;
- Ability to influence and collaborate with multiple stakeholders; and
- Experience in working in diverse teams.
- Good understanding of legal issues relating to the core Interactive services, including:
- Laws and regulations around advertising, marketing, e-commerce and use of data;
- Brand strategy and creative services, including content creation and ad productions;
- Digital advertising, including display, search, social media, influencers, programmatic media buying and targeted marketing;
- Marketing technology, sales and digital commerce; and
- Digital services, designs and transformations.
- Ideally experience in:
- Supporting new offerings to market in a legally compliant manner;
- Analysing complex facts and situations to provide risk analysis and recommendations;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating client and supplier agreements;
- Providing guidance and training to business and legal teams; and
- Advising and providing services across multiple countries in the region.
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.