Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
The Senior Legal Counsel, Employment Law Contracting & V&A acts as legal advisor on Employment law issues in relation to Accenture’s contracting and V&A practices. He or she advises on strategic matters relating to Accenture’s contracting approach in respect of people solutions and HR matters, including effective risk mitigation planning. He or she provides employment law support on new complex deals carrying the largest and most complex people related risks in outsourcing, ventures and acquisitions. He or she helps to lead strategic initiatives and development of tools and know-how designed to enhance employment and labour law risks in the context of acquisitions, client deals and integrations.
- Provide operational and strategic support to deal teams and to Sales & Delivery (Legal), Mobilisation, Solution Architects, CDTS and deal leadership on bid submissions and contract negotiations when addressing the HR solution of client deal constructs (e.g. outsourcing, build-operate-transfers, client captive acquisitions, client joint ventures etc.), particularly on the risk management, on the transition of staff into Accenture or its partners/subcontractors.
- Provide operational and strategic support to deal teams and V&A HR and V&A Legal on acquisitions and ventures in respect of risk analysis of target in light of due diligence undertaken, transition and retention of acquired personnel, contracting approach in respect of employment and HR related matters (including strategic input to negotiations and guidance on contractual documents), integration and post-merger planning
- Assure the quality of Employment Law delivery on new complex client and V&A deals by providing Employment Law support appropriate to needs, and integrating external support as required
- Manage and lead strategic employment law projects and development and deployment of technological tools in relation to contracting and V&A
- Coordination with attorneys in the MU Employment Law teams in respect of delivery of deal support and advising HR, Legal and management as appropriate.
- Act as senior point of contact and coach/mentor for MU Employment Law teams on significant and complex deal-specific employment law issues
- Manage and oversee outside counsel relationships with law firms, including managing the budget
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s practices in relation to contracting and V&A
- Oversee and contribute to development of internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on Employment legal and business issues
- Counsel, guide, train and support junior through senior levels of Legal attorneys as appropriate
- Educate senior company executives with regard to legal and risk management issues in relation to Contracting and V&A
- Make recommendations and escalate to the Sr. Director of Employment Law Contracting and V&A on material issues.
- Maintain clear understanding of sales and V&A pipeline management processes, escalation protocols to Leadership at MU, Market (including MICO) and Capital Committee and related Company policies associated with the same.
- Provide relevant input to briefings and escalations, to ensure employment law issues are addressed appropriately, key risk and mitigations identified, and that there are clear recommendations and options.
- Work with Legal Leads as appropriate
- Foster seamless integration and teaming relationships with the other Compliance, Operations, Regulatory and Ethics (“CORE”) Legal Services teams as well as with all teams in Sales & Delivery Legal and V&A Legal in the MU and Market, as well as with Mobilization, PT&T, CDTS and Solution Architect Leadership.
- Support, promote, and implement initiatives as part of Legal team, specifically the CORE compliance efforts, activities, and projects.
Reports to: Sr. Director of Employment Law Contracting and V&A
Supervises: Coordinates external counsel
External Relationships: Outside law firms
Education: Law Degree / Juris Doctor required.
Work Experience: 8+ years experience in practicing employment law. Strong experience with Contracting and V&A and with advising management of large companies
Work Requirements: Limited travel required, mostly within Europe
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- In depth knowledge of multi-jurisdictional employment law aspects of outsourcing, acquisitions and joint ventures both in respect of contractual content and negotiation strategies and HR/employment related issues
- Strong experience in managing and delivering employment law projects, especially those with global reach
- Familiarity with industrial relations and collective issues (including consultation), particularly across Europe.
- Ability to work closely with wide range of personnel, including frequent interaction with top-level executives.
- Ability to work with personnel both internally and externally across the world.
- Superior drafting and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinker, ability to influence, strong executive presence
- Able to present innovative, original solutions
- Responsive and follows through on commitments
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- In depth knowledge of labor and employment law
- Demonstrates sound judgment, ability to prioritize and make decisions, and identify risks before they materialize.
- Good executive presence and the ability to work effectively with business leaders, partners from law firms, and the senior legal officers of Accenture’s clients.
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.