- Sales growth: expanding the footprint of our agreements and supporting new business;
- Revenue protection: delivering on our contractual commitments;
- Margin improvement: effectively managing commercial levers, risks and issues; and
- Compliance with contract obligations and Accenture policy.
- Provide contract management support on a specific project or account under the direction of a contract management lead or act as lead for a small account/ project;
- Work with account delivery teams and client contract managers in order to understand delivery and client requirements and oversee day to day service delivery;
- Demonstrate the value of the contract management function with project and delivery teams; and
- Work with client contract management teams in order to understand business and delivery requirements.
- Supervise, mentor and coach junior onshore and offshore contract managers, providing oversight of daily activities;
- Participate in the review of performance standards for junior contract management staff and take action to recognise high performance and correct underperformance;
- Provide input for priority setting and performance achievement process for self and junior staff;
- Assist with the implementation of training modules for contract management staff on a specific project or account; and
- Assist with onboarding new staff.
- Assist with identifying and resolving commercial and contract risks and issues;
- Escalate contractual, commercial and CM positioning matters to CM Leads in a timely and controlled fashion; and
- Draft weekly, monthly and quarterly reports in compliance with contract management processes and account delivery requirements.
- Provide contract administrative support for sales teams, coordinating the document management process and assisting with contract reviews where required; and
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of Accenture's consulting, outsourcing and systems integration service offerings and build awareness and education within your CM teams.
- Draft and review Statements of Work, Change Requests, Arrangement Letters, Subcontracts and Non Disclosure Agreements, working under the direction of a contract management lead; and
- Participate in negotiations under the direction of account/portfolio leads and demonstrate understanding of the Accenture way to negotiate.
- Assist with the implementation of contract management processes on a specific project or account;
- Assist with the implementation a contract awareness programme for account teams in order to ensure a high level of understanding of critical contract terms and conditions and Accenture and client obligations;
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures applicable to an account are identified and communicated to relevant personnel, including new joiners;
- Upload contracts in accordance with Accenture records retention policies; and
- Assist account teams to implement measures aimed at improving contract financial performance, including contract levers affecting revenue cost and profit.
- Min 5 yrs relevant experience as a contract/ vendor/ commercial manager with exposure to medium sized deals (>10m value);
- Relevant experience managing Consulting, Outsourcing and Systems Integration deals in the Information Technology or other relevant industry sectors;
- Demonstrated experience as successful member of a Contract Management team; and
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with client contract management and procurement staff and contribute to key commercial and contracting decisions.
- Understanding of business practices at large corporations and/ or government entities;
- Understanding of commercial contracting principles; and
- Exposure to commercial contracting regulations.
- Reasonable level of exposure to legal processes and principles as they relate to commercial and contract management;
- Reasonable level of exposure to commercial and contract law; and
- Reasonable level of exposure to commercial terms and conditions applicable to contracts for Accenture services.
- Contract Manager or Portfolio Lead;
- Junior onshore and offshore Contract Management professionals providing services on an account
- Client commercial/ procurement/ contract management staff
- Account Senior Managers and Managers
- University degree required (business, computing, law or engineering preferred).
- Member of International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and/ or professional certification considered a plus.
- Min 5 years in contract management or related discipline.
- Extensive travel may be required.
- Experiment with ideas aimed at improving current and future practices;
- Participate in initiatives that encourage intellectual curiosity;
- Participate in initiatives that embrace diversity and encourage creativity;
- Participate in the process to solve commercial and contractual issues in order to meet Accenture and client business objectives;
- Identify training gaps within a CM account team and assist in addressing them.;
- Demonstrate an understanding of commercial levers and key elements of account finances - ODE, EAC, etc; and
- Be recognised as a trusted operator by account MDs. Assist in resolving risks and issues.
- Challenge the status quo and embrace new ideas and new ways of doing business that offer material advantages for Accenture and clients;
- Lead by example and take responsibility for helping junior colleagues and team members succeed
- Demonstrate a sense of self awareness. Listen to and accept feedback and recognise feedback as a positive opportunity for self improvement. Implement self improvement initiatives
- Volunteer for and participate in geo CM initiatives;
- Understand how to work effectively with staff from various cultures and locations throughout the Accenture global organisation. Understand the value of diversity and recognise the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture. Demonstrate respect for individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality; and
- Assist in communicating a clear vision and operating rhythm for the team. Understand team responsibilities and workload in order to provide an appropriate work/ life balance and a diversity of challenging tasks.
- Participate in developing strategies for complex negotiations and contribute to internal strategy discussions;
- Work with Legal to deliver seamless contract formation in support of business objectives. Liaise with Legal Services, CTS, CFM, Tax, Treasury, Insurance and other internal business functions to ensure seamless support for Accenture contracts;
- Be recognised as an important contributor to the account leadership team and participate in account leadership meetings (i.e. a seat at the table);
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Accenture’s and client's business needs; and
- Participate in dialogue between Accenture and client legal and commercial functions and be regarded as a reliable source of advice.
- Assist in ensuring that relevant policies and procedures applicable to an account are identified and complied with and that appropriate records are maintained;
- Assist in escalation of contractual and commercial matters in accordance with prescribed consultation guidelines;
- Make difficult decisions where necessary and convey decisions in an appropriate manner, taking into account the interests of all affected parties;
- Understand the contract lifecycle and governance processes; and
- Build trust by consistently delivering on commitments.
- Nurture and develop junior team members with a clear focus on maximising outcomes;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with Accenture and client stakeholders and participate in the process to resolve commercial and contract issues. Articulate complex matters in a clear and concisely manner and be respected by Accenture and client stakeholders;
- Demonstrate advanced oral and written communication skills and an ability to provide credible advice;
- Build effective relationships with Accenture and client executives and demonstrate the ability to work with difficult and demanding stakeholders;
- Demonstrate the capacity to work in high pressure situations while remaining composed in stressful situations, maintaining a high degree of professionalism at all times; and
- Take responsibility for personal and professional success and inspire junior team members to do the same.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Intellectual Property Counsel - M&A & IP
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 4 days ago
Intellectual Property Counsel - Patent & IP
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 4 days ago
NA Contracting Lead (Accenture Interactive)
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 9 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.