This role is part of the Symantec’s MSS practice (part of Technology-Security Services group) and provides client onboarding and integration of log sources to collectors and ongoing support through the lifecycle of the client engagement.
- Triage internal and external customer requests received via the ticketing system (alarms and service cases), phone calls, and emails, ensuring that all items are promptly responded to and completed within SLA
- Provide Tier 2 and 3 (severity 1, 2, 3, 4) level troubleshooting and resolution of issues
- Ensure tickets are actively updated and records detailed information from clients
- Implementation of standard, minor, and significant (life cycle, qualifications, etc.) changes
- Actively contribute to the MSS knowledge base
- Actively contribute to projects and initiatives
- Ensuring clean handover between shifts (global and local)
- Device Tuning Requests and Termination Requests
- Escalate issues to AppOps team as required of SPOC
- Serve as technical point of contact for the Security Engineers
- Own and actively suggest changes to key standards, processes, procedures, and templates
- Train and mentor engineers on processes, technical expertise, and professional skills
- Flexibly available to handle emergency calls (Severity 1) in response to technical escalations
- Provide day-to-day guidance to Security Engineers
- Actively participate in interviews for potential candidates
In order to be successful at this role, you must have experience in most of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years demonstrated system and network experience with some experience in remote administration of various IT devices.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of IT or security experience in an information security position
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and routing, firewall technologies, information security principles and practices
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to be dynamic and adapt in order to solve complex technical issues with customers and partners
- Strong customer service ability and interpersonal skills
- Consistently model high levels of teamwork and professionalism
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience researching complex technical subject matter and documenting the results/key findings
- One or more of the following certifications: CCNA, Network+, Linux+, CISSP, GCIA, GCFA, GCFE
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and routing, firewall technologies, information security principles and practices.
- Experience using application firewalls, SIEM, IDS/IPS
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.