Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
A critical part of our Accounting and Finance organization is the Corporate Development & Transaction Services (CDTS) team, a globally integrated market facing finance team which consists of more than 700 Accounting and Finance professionals worldwide and reports directly to the Accenture CFO. Accenture’s CDTS team brings commercial and financial rigor to the structuring and shaping of deals for Accenture’s largest scale engagements, ranging from complex consulting and outsourcing engagements, to mergers and acquisitions. The CDTS team utilizes a wide range of financial analysis and modelling skills to help develop business case and value proposition for both Accenture and our clients to achieve win-win outcomes
The Transaction Services team within CDTS specializes in pricing, costing and financial structuring of client contracts for complex and large-scale consulting and outsourcing engagements across Accenture’s four Services: Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations. Typical deal structures incorporate innovative financial solutions and sophisticated pricing and risk management concepts to address client business needs.
In this role, you will utilize a wide range of financial analysis and modelling skills to help ensure that client deals are cost effective and priced appropriately, while adhering to Accenture internal policies and US GAAP accounting standards. As part of the role, you will work closely with the company’s leadership and will have the opportunity to collaborate with various stakeholders such as sales, solution architects, legal and other finance teams to help shape deals in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
This role focuses on directing and managing Corporate Development Transaction Services (CDTS) activities for Accenture's most significant and complex transactions. Control the flow of activities and leadership reviews on all proposals. Direct financial deal shaping and structuring for complex outsourcing and consulting arrangements. Bring commercial and financial rigor in support of the commercial approach and client value proposition, ensuring Accenture's economic interests are protected.
- Act as a business advisor to Accenture Leadership and positively influence the shaping of transactions for Accenture’s largest engagements across all of Accenture’s businesses
- Lead material aspects of deal structuring activities, applying independent thinking, commercial and analytical skills to influence the creation of compelling business cases and financial value propositions for clients and Accenture
- Evaluate financial investment performance, create valuation models, pricing models and perform market and competitive assessments which support Accenture’s investment decisions and ensure that deals are priced appropriately
- Drive commercial and financial rigor by adhering to regulatory and organizational principles
- Support leadership on high profile and complex deals and their negotiation
- Represent CDTS in new business meetings: providing financial insights, highlighting risks and mitigations in the contractual terms and conditions.
- Demonstrate Leadership DNA attributes
- Drive collaboration with Accenture teams including sales, solution, business leadership, client financial management teams, corporate controllership, legal and global tax to achieve the optimum balance of risk and reward between Accenture and the client for all proposed deal structures
- Has awareness and socializes internal programs, policy development, best practices and commercial/pricing innovation.
- Develop CDTS people by actively encouraging training, identifying and developing future leaders, providing career-building opportunities and mentoring high potential Specialists and Analysts
- Manage and provide oversight to Analysts and Specialists where you will be responsible for the quality of the outputs and take the opportunity to teach/train.
- Proactively add knowledge capital to the CDTS organization through creative and innovative ideas
- Actively participate in and lead special projects opportunities with the objective of enhancing teamwork and engagement (capabilities, corporate citizenship, Hub Trainings, etc)
- Be a visible supporter in facilitating cross-organisational cooperation to solve for Accenture's best interests
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related disciplines (minimum)
- Professional Accounting qualification preferred, e.g. CPA, MBA, CIMA, ACA, ACCA
Desired Skill Set and Attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge in financial modeling techniques, financial concepts (NPV, IRR, Payback, etc.) and accounting concepts and budgeting techniques
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in applying US GAAP
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in supervising others
- Able to balance deal objectives with fiduciary independence and manage other conflicting interests
- Able to perform outside comfort zone to enable continuous personal growth
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Detailed and thorough in approach
- Well organized, self-starter, willingness to learn in a challenging environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to interface multiple levels of management
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting
- Commitment to travel and work on-site at Accenture field office and client locations
All our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You’ll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build both functional and soft skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates.
Key training in first year:
- JumpStart – A local induction program comprising of computer-based training (CBT) and classroom training designed to accelerate your journey up the new joiner learning curve, covering Accenture organization, business, service offerings, and core CDTS skills (financial modeling / accounting fundamentals)
- CDTS New Joiner School – A 2-weeks virtual interactive training whereby new joiners and teaching faculty members are assembled across Asia Pacific (APAC). The program is primarily focused on presentations and case studies designed to simulate the rigor and challenges faced across a typical deal engagement life cycle.
Corporate Function Career Track:
CDTS analysts belong to Corporate Function career track that contributes to the running of Accenture as a high-performance business through specialization within a specific corporate function area, supporting Accenture’s client facing business units.
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.