- Oversee all aspects of the Visa and Immigration Service, ensuring that the process runs smoothly.
- Run regular quality checks to ensure that system/related parties provides accurate service concerning immigration
- Support efficient working of countries to deliver consistent services, better results, drive improvement and reduce cost
- Monitors delivery performance and quality using metrics and status reporting and implement continuous improvements
- Apply understanding of assigned business process to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
- Provide continuous improvement to processes, tools, metrics and training, based on ongoing experience, process metrics and feedback from process users and other stakeholders to drive further efficiencies in the organization
- Take full responsibility of all Immigration issues and drive successful resolutions
- Remain up to date with any changes to legislations
- Ensure all tier 3 immigration questions are answered
- Counsel and respond to queries from human resources, managers and employees on all global immigration-related matters. This would include visa processing, documentation, visa options, risks, timelines, etc.
- Update internal (Global Mobility Delivery) team on new immigration policies and procedures
- May be required train some HR/Project staff to enhance their understanding of immigration rules to help them to fulfil their roles to a high level
- New country start-up - once immigration positions are signed-off, define preliminary requirements for immigration (docs, process, qualifications etc)
- Provide our services as part of an integrated, cross-enterprise team supporting global mobility for Accenture
- Manage Risk and compliance with regards to immigration requirements
- Ensure GM functions are in place to drive compliance with applicable immigration law
- Ensure delivery of employee immigration operations by service delivery teams in accordance with internal policy and legal requirements
- Highlight and train any change in process to Delivery teams (onshore/offshore) where they are managing the entire or parts of the immigration process.
- Monitor immigration compliance controls
- Provide support for Employee Tax & Immigration (ET&I) team for controversy issues
- Perform customer request/problem identification and follow defined incident notification and escalation procedures to ensure they are communicated effectively and receive proper management attention to be resolved correctly
- Ensure working relationship with external immigration service provider in local country is established, Statements of Work (SOW's) are completed and deliverables for immigration compliance are set up and met
- Maintain good relationships with appointed immigration service providers and ensure that employees are receiving quality service at all times
- Review demand forecast and design action plans with vendors. Identify opportunities to standardize and rationalize across vendors and reduce cost based on prior track record
- Participate in operational planning with service providers – define the fiscal year targets, gather needs, estimate the increase of volumes, agree on the annual contract, maintenance SLAs etc.
- Conduct regular review meetings with relevant stakeholders for vendor satisfaction and utilization, review and report service performance, and satisfaction results. Review performance report, understand deviations and suggest action plans
- Maintain consistent metrics across service providers responsible for SLA, OLA and KPI maintenance and improvements
- Where applicable, negotiate costs with the support of the procurement team
- Work with ET&I team to alert leadership/stakeholder of any relevant immigration law changes or procedures that affects Accenture
- Provide complex client engagements with immigration analysis and accurate advice on strategic/time/effective staffing decisions during proposal, deal shaping and engagement life cycles
- Analyse and provide solution for complex immigration situations and inquires
- Contribute to the review and updating of immigration positions
- Maintain Immigration Toolkit/People Mobility Gateway information
- Ensure immigration tool that contains immigration guidelines is updated on a timely basis when changes occur
- Establish relationships with local (ASEAN) key Mobility stakeholders such as HR, Recruitment, Business Project Contacts, and external vendors.
- Assist with ad-hoc advisory tasks or projects where required
- Coordinate knowledge sharing sessions and initiatives across relevant stakeholders
- Assist for successfully transitioning work into the shared service centers on time and within budget. Represent the onshore team, support and manage change through the transition
- Accenture Stakeholders/Leadership, Business Leads
- Global Mobility Case Manager
- Global Mobility Business Partners
- Delivery teams
- Employee Tax & Immigration team
- Local HR / Contractor Exchange teams
- Employment Law/Legal teams (if required)
- Immigration Service Providers
- Indirect supervision of Global Mobility people in countries/regions located within the same office and in offices in other countries within the region (Global Mobility PCM responsible for country Immigration services for respective country within ASEAN)
- University degree or equivalent higher education qualification
- Qualification in a related field (e.g. Immigration, Tax, HR) an advantage
- Self-starter, with strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to function as a Team Player and maintain a good working relationship
- Ability to think and act independently with professionalism, discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to manage time and meet required deadlines
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in all dealings
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinker with superior issue resolution skills
- 3rd Party Vendor/Partner & Service Quality Management
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft applications (excel, word, exchange) plus job specific tools (RMS Connect, Immigration toolkit, share point, etc)
- Experience in immigration, assignment management or tax
- Thorough understanding of Accenture’s global policies as applicable to cross border assignments and permanent transfers, and any applicable local country addenda (including travel, immigration, tax equalization, finance)
- Understanding of Accenture business strategy, objectives and org structure
- Understanding of border control procedures as well as any related legislation for ASEAN key countries
- 2-5 years with a multinational company in the field of service delivery preferred; experience in immigration, expatriate administration or tax is an advantage.
- Light travel, if required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.