IT Operations professionals support infrastructure operations and/or manage delivery for IT production systems and services based on operational requirements and service agreements.
The Regional Incident and Problem Manager will work with and complement Accenture’s core Operations Center Service Management team by performing two distinct functions within this single role:
Incident Manager – Through support and collaboration with the Operations Center Incident Management team, the Regional Incident Manager will have oversight of all Incidents assigned to that region and will support Incident resolution through the application of local knowledge and expertise. The Incident Manager will also play a pivotal role in the escalation and resolution of Critical Severity 1 and High Priority Incidents within their region.
Problem Manager – adheres to the clients Reliability (Problem Management) process in order to minimize the adverse impact of Incidents and Reliability events on the business. Through support and collaboration with the Operations Center Problem Management Team, the Regional Problem Manager will drive the investigation, diagnosis and resolution of the underlying cause of an Incident (or Incidents) and thereby prevent or reduce future Incidents.
- Assume end-to-end ownership of Network Infrastructure Incidents within the region and drive to resolution by ensuring the necessary actions are undertaken.
- Ensure adherence to client required notification and escalation procedures as defined in the Operations and Procedures Manual.
- Coordinate Incident resolution efforts between necessary parties and maintain the necessary relationships with these parties (e.g. on-site technicians, third party vendors, external telecom service providers).
- Support and collaborate with the Operations Center Incident Management team on Critical Severity 1 and High Priority Incidents for own region. Also provide assistance as required to facilitate communication with the Client’s Global Command Centre (GCC) and the Accenture GCC as necessary.
- Regularly monitor the status of all open Incidents within the region and ensure these are progressed towards resolution within required service level commitments.
- Open and manage other conference bridges and communication channels, as required or at the request of the client.
- Facilitates the resolution of aged tickets (from the queue).
- Facilitates the escalation process where necessary for resolution.
- Coordinate the dispatch, escalation, building access, and technical support for field technicians as and when required.
- Facilitate direct escalation on behalf of the client to the applicable OEM’s experts for fault resolution.
- Correlate Incidents related to planned changes.
- Correlate Incidents related to software Bugs.
- Assign the Incident to the appropriate party for resolution based upon the information previously collected or received.
- Where applicable, assign Incidents to the appropriate Managed Third Party or other third party vendors listed in Attachment TPV (Third Party Vendors) as necessary.
- When a corrective action occurs, determine and confirm that the Incident has been Resolved.
- Identify frequently asked questions by the user community and ensure these are published in the Knowledge Base.
- Support and collaborate with the core Operations Center Problem Management team on all Reliability tickets within region, ensuring standard processes are consistently followed, tickets are correctly prioritized, action plans are followed up and progress updates are communicated to client stakeholders and Accenture leadership.
- Track and report on the frequency and impact of recurring Incidents within region.
- Represent Incidents in the daily Reliability meetings as required.
- Identify and triage Reliability events.
- Conduct root-cause analysis.
- Implement and confirm Reliability resolution.
- Monitor and communicate Reliability status.
- Perform trend analysis and reporting for region.
- Diagnose the underlying root cause of Reliability events.
- Provide the expected resolution time for outstanding Reliability events.
- Identify and report when more than 3 Incidents related to the same CI occur within 5 Business Days.
- Identify weaknesses or potential weaknesses in the data infrastructure, component reliability and availability.
- Perform creative analysis revealing trends that lead to the identification of specific (potential) Reliability areas that need further investigation.
- Participate in the semi-annual review of the Incident documentation and Reliability process.
- Customer service skills and client focus.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good understanding of industry standards such as ITIL Version 3 or equivalent with a focus on Incident Management and Problem Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Service Management experience.
- Strong communications skills including the ability to communicate technical information using non-technical language.
- Comprehensive verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Understanding of network technologies utilized within an Internet/Intranet environment.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking protocols is essential. Knowledge of Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies is desirable.
- Understanding of networking concepts and components (DNS, DHCP, proxy, switches, routers, etc.).
- Experience with Cisco routers & switches.
- Previous experience or aptitude to be successful in an Administration and Operations capacity.
- Basic understanding of Network Monitoring tools and concepts.
- Working knowledge of telecommunication infrastructures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Additional language skills local to region
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in periods of stress.
- Ability to work on several problems or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to work with a broad range of experience levels.
|You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.|
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Jose
Bilingual -Content Moderation Associate
Business Process Delivery
USA AL - Huntsville
Federal - SAP Functional Analyst
Business & Technology Integration
Middleware & Integration Architecture Manager
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.