Accenture offers a comprehensive portfolio of business and technology services across digital marketing, mobility and analytics to help our clients unleash the power of digital to drive growth and create new sources of value. No other company offers the same blend of insight, assets and industry expertise to help companies become digital businesses.
Accenture Applied Intelligence helps our clients grow their business in entirely new ways. Applied Intelligence enables our clients to achieve high performance through insights from data - insights that inform better decisions and strengthen customer relationships. From strategy to execution, Accenture works with organizations to develop analytic capabilities - from accessing and reporting on data to predictive modelling - to outperform the competition.
As part of our Applied Intelligence practice, you will join a worldwide network of over 13,000 smart and driven colleagues experienced in leading statistical tools, methods and applications. From data to analytics and insights to actions, our forward-thinking managers provide analytically-informed, issue-based insights at scale to help our clients improve outcomes and achieve high performance.
Your client’s eyes probably glaze over when you discuss in detail logistic regression, cluster analysis, neural nets and other segmentation models, but they certainly appreciate your uncanny ability to utilize those to lower their marketing costs and improve marketing effectiveness. Or perhaps they rely on you to provide analytics that stimulate sales, strengthen customer loyalty and generate purchases. If you’ve earned a reputation for your analytics expertise, Accenture may be the perfect place to take the next step in your career journey.
As a Data Science professional, the individual will help drive sales and solutioning of data science/ analytics engagements, manage and/ or supervise project delivery, mentor teams, build new capabilities, support/contribute to thought leadership and building new skills. The candidate should be able to seamlessly work with Client teams in positioning data science/ analytical capabilities and with help of them drive an deliver data science/ analytics engagement.
The successful candidate should have strong consultative, business and communication skills in addition to quantitative ability. As well as be exposed to the challenges of using statistics in a business setting, such as incomplete data, biased data, large data sets, low signal-to-noise ratios, high variance and multiple objective functions. Requires being creative and resourceful and will utilize traditional statistical methodologies as well as newer techniques from computational statistics and data mining and big data capabilities.
- Degree in a relevant field like statistics, computer science or applied maths, physics or relevant subjects or 3+ years of experience in computer science, applied mathematics, or other quantitative/computational discipline.
- Strong background in statistical concepts and calculations
- 3+ years of experience with real data
- Innovative and strong analytical and algorithmic problem solvers
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash) for orchestration and data manipulation
- 3+ years of experience with statistical computing tools like R, SAS, and SPSS
- Data engineering experience, including SQL and experience manipulating structured and unstructured data sources for analysis.
SET YOURSELF APART:
- Experience with MapReduce/Hadoop and related technologies (e.g., Pig, Hive, Cascading).
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Elastic MapReduce a plus.
- Familiarity with Hadoop based commercial packages (e.g. Cloudera, Hortonworks
- Experience in text mining/NLP
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.