Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
An Employee Tax & Immigration Advisory Specialist within Global Tax is a key position in our organization. Generally, these Specialists are Subject Matter Experts in several areas (immigration, income and social taxes, policies, compensation plans) for domestic and cross border employees. They have strong individual tax expertise that enables them to cover both domestic and cross border equity plans issues.
An Employee Tax & Immigration Advisory Specialist is accountable for the internal provision of Individual Income Tax and Immigration Advisory Services and for managing tax and immigration risk and compliance for the countries of responsibility within their Region/ Geographic Unit or Area.
The role supports a couple of Managers in covering a number of countries across the APAC region, with a focus on the ASEAN geography. They are engaged in highly visible issue resolution and it is expected that in addition to their own geographical responsibilities, the Specialist will also contribute to Global Tax and/or People Mobility initiatives for the APAC region or globally.
They also closely partner with the on-shore mobility service delivery teams, offshore service delivery teams and the People Mobility GU Coordinator to ensure the smooth delivery of People Mobility (PM) operations by the relevant teams.
The role will provide tax and immigration advisory services to internal teams to:
- Help Client Engagement teams make well-informed staffing decisions during proposal/deal shaping.
- Determine Tax planning opportunities for complex/executive cross-border assignments; and
- Manage the Company’s and employee’s risk and compliance for personal income tax, employment taxes, and immigration.
An Employee Tax & Immigration Advisory Specialist will:
- Provide employee tax planning and risk management for countries of responsibility with the objective of minimizing tax costs for Accenture, as well as Accenture’s Senior Executives/employees/cross border assignees
- Interpret regulatory change and the impact to the Company and our employees. Work with cross-functions as needed to implement changes to processes to maintain ongoing compliance as regulations evolve.
- Have regular interaction with Accenture stakeholders/leadership; other internal teams including the People Mobility (“PM”) GU Coordinator, PM on-shore and off-shore operations teams and external vendors
- Ensure control points are working effectively for managing risk and compliance with PM operations teams
- Be directly responsible for managing relationships with key executives and others outside of the team.
- Have accountability to other internal groups for Accenture and be responsible for decisions that impact an area/group outside the team regarding Employee Tax and Immigration Advisory Services (liaise with Controllership, Finance, HR and Legal, where appropriate)
- Supervise the management of tax and immigration vendor relationships, negotiate vendor contracts/service levels and addresses service issues.
- Have significant direct financial responsibility for countries of responsibility (for example: savings regarding tax planning opportunities, tax audit costs or savings, immigration and employee tax SOWs)
- Provide input on tax and immigration implications for all Mobility policies.
- Be responsible for and ensure implementation of any employee tax & immigration policy changes in line with global guidelines in country(ies) of responsibility.
- Reports to: Employee Tax & Immigration Advisory GU and Area Lead/s
- Supervises: No direct reports, however to manage relationships with locally based and offshore PM Service Delivery teams.
- External Relationships: Tax service provider, tax authorities, immigration authorities, immigration service provider, GU business stakeholders, PM GU Leads, PM onshore and offshore teams.