Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
A key component of Accenture Global Strategy Division is the Trading, Investments & Optimization Strategy [TIOS] Group.
Accenture’s TIOS Group, combines corporate strategy consulting with unique industry knowledge in the energy, agricultural and metals commodities Industry and global experience working with organizations focused on commodities production, trading, logistics and marketing. Our group is competing with the world’s leading consulting organizations to provide strategic advisory services to Ministries, Chief Executives and Senior Executives on Investments, Trading and Optimization strategy.
TIOS’ focus is summarized in three main areas:
- Investment Valuation & Financial Structuring: We work with our clients’ executives to shape and execute investment strategies, corporate restructuring, capital planning, pre-deal analysis, balance-sheet optimization and other core strategic priorities around their assets portfolio.
- Trading and Risk Management: We work with industry players exposed to commodity markets to develop advanced trading strategies, optimization & arbitrage models, required operational capabilities and risk & performance management models that support uplift in bottom-line earnings
- Commercial Optimization: We support our clients developing advanced supply & demand analysis of commodities relevant for their operating market, optimize their assets portfolio through new commercial and operational structures and develop advanced pricing models
Examples of recent client engagements include:
- Developing a commodity price forecasting model for a major petrochemicals player
- Price modeling for a greenfield refinery and petrochemicals complex in South East Asia
- Designing a market entry strategy for a leading construction materials player in South East Asia
- Advising an ASEAN country’s Ministry of Trade & Industry on NG infrastructure investments strategy
- Helping a National Oil & Gas Company develop its Joint-Venture strategy for a refinery investment in Africa
- Developing the Strategy and operating model for a new sugar & grain trading desk in South East Asia
- Developing the natural gas infrastructure and price liberalization strategy for an Energy Minister in ASEAN
- Screening & valuing investment opportunities in the power sector for a biomass producer in Europe
- Developing the operating model and operational processes for a new shipping desk in Singapore
Examples of Recent Publications:
- The Future of Energy Trading – TIOS Report
- Value Creation in the Oil & Gas Industry: Enhancing Return on Invested Capital through Trading, Balance Sheet Optimization and M&A – TIOS Report
- Managing Complexity in the Corporate Treasury: The Evolving Role of the Treasurer – TIOS Report
- The Rise of Retail LNG – TIOS Report
Our current team is composed of self-driven and deeply experienced individuals with high proficiency in numerical modeling, strong intellectual curiosity and ambition for fast career progression. Following rapid growth of our TIOS group in EMEA, our group has developed a local presence in Singapore and is looking for Consultants and Managers to expand advisory activities in South East Asia.
Business Strategy Senior Managers
We are looking for highly talented individuals with prior project-leadership roles, client-facing experience, quantitative background, knowledge of corporate & market finance and the commodities industry to support the delivery of projects to clients. Managers will be expected to lead project delivery activities at client site, manage junior resources and support business development activities including market research and project proposals development.
Candidates’ main Responsibilities include:
- Support shaping project approach, key activities, planning
- Manage business analysts and consultants which are part of the project delivery team and assign responsibilities on data gathering activities, modeling, interviews, presentation and others
- Oversee the development of advance numerical models to support quantitative analysis in areas including financial and risk modeling, value chain optimization, price forecasting and supply & demand analysis
- Lead interaction with client teams to present findings, retrieve data, conduct interviews, discuss preliminary and argument recommendations
- Present findings to client executive teams and articulate approach & recommendations
- Support internal Business Development activities by conducting Industry & Company specific research (competition, market, financials, customers, etc) and supporting the development of proposal presentations
Business Strategy Consultants
We are looking for highly talented individuals with a strong quantitative background and preferably with some pre-existing knowledge of corporate and market finance to support the delivery of projects led by the global strategy group. Consultants will also be expected to develop the skills of more junior resources and play an active role in supporting business development activities including market research and project proposals development.
Candidates’ main Responsibilities include:
Become a core member of global strategy project teams by helping shaping project approach and key activities
Manage Business analysts and consultants (where applicable) which are part of project delivery team and assign responsibilities on data gathering activities, modeling, interviews, presentation and others
Develop advance numerical models to support quantitative analysis in areas including financial modeling, value chain optimization, price forecasting and supply & demand analysis
Interact with client teams to retrieve data, conduct interviews, discuss preliminary findings and argument recommendations
Present findings to client executive teams and articulate approach & recommendations
Support internal Business Development activities by conducting Industry & Company specific research (competition, market, financials, customers, etc.) and supporting the development of proposal presentations