Accenture Strategy- Business Strategy Consultant, Mergers & Acquisitions
Accenture research shows that high-performance businesses are those that constantly renew their portfolio of businesses— both during difficult economic times and in periods of robust growth. Accenture Strategy is right at the cutting-edge, leading some of the biggest mergers and acquisitions (M&A) deals in the world and helping clients drive accelerated transformation of their businesses. Our global scale and breadth of service is unrivalled with a network of M&A professionals across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Western Hemisphere providing support across the entire deal lifecycle on both the sell side and the buy side, from M&A Strategy to Due Diligence, Target Screening, Transaction Management, Merger and Synergy Planning, as well as Carve-outs and Divestitures. It’s exciting and demanding work, fast-paced and intellectually challenging. But you would expect nothing less if you are to see your deals on the front of the financial pages worldwide.
At Accenture Strategy, our Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances professionals are focused on developing inorganic growth strategies through mergers and acquisitions, partnering and alliances so as to enter new markets and channels as well as to consolidate and leverage scale in existing markets. We also provide pre-deal due diligence for both corporate and private equity clients plus divestiture and initial public offering support. Are you excited by the opportunity to be adaptable and creative in problem solving for complex business issues? Do you relish the chance to lead small teams and be confident in your decision making? Are you ready to be inspired on a daily basis by smart, driven and diverse colleagues around the world? Join Accenture Strategy to take your merger & acquisition experience to the next level and grow a remarkable career with us.
- Typically work on an engagement focusing on either portfolio strategy, target screening, pre-deal assessment/due diligence, post-deal merger integration, joint ventures or divestiture/carve-out strategy and planning
- Lead a work stream and be responsible for rigorous analysis to identify and validate value creation opportunities for our clients
- Develop cohesive conclusions and present key findings, typically to C-level clients
- Be responsible for coaching and mentoring analysts and junior consultants on the team
- Support in practice/ community building efforts such as recruitment, training and thought leadership
- Engage with the wider strategy community in the Nordics to foster collaboration and support growth and development of the business
Key Criteria / Qualifications
- Demonstrated interest in working in a M&A advisory services
- Substantial experience in consulting or corporate strategy roles, with a particular focus on market entry, mergers, acquisitions, corporate alliances, portfolio strategy and merger integration
- Experience in financial modelling and demonstrated understanding of financial statements
- Strong academic credentials
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-cultural teams to deliver high-quality output in short time frames
- A high degree of comfort with strategy frameworks and strong quantitative skills to develop financial or operational models and supervise data analysis
- 2-4 years of previous experience in a top tier strategy consulting firm, boutique firm focusing on pre-deal / due diligence advisory service, or in the transaction advisory service of big 4 accountancy firm preferred. Candidates with investment banking experience are also encouraged to apply
- M.Sc. degree, presumably in business administration, economics, law or engineering.
Consulting skills and personality
- Ability to develop and apply consulting skills and have the capability of effectively solving complex business issues
- Ability to organize and direct quality work
- Pushing self and others to add value by meeting expectations and completing deliverables regardless of obstacles
- Planning and coordinating own and/or team's work activities, to meet commitments and quality expectations
- Maximize team performance by encouraging collaboration and addressing issues, that impact performance of team members (i.e., client and Accenture).
- Strong communication skills (speaking, writing, listening)
- High degree of written and spoken competence in English
- Confident, poised and with the ability to relate to senior client executives
- Leadership abilities - transfer vision into results
- Strong interest in broadening skills, as opposed to being narrowly focused
- Partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues
- Ability to travel when needed
Location: Stockholm, Gothenburg or Helsinki
Apply online below. Remember to attach your CV, cover letter, translated High school grades and University grades. We look forward to receive your application!
Please also note that Accenture Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Salesforce Senior Developer (Lightning) - Accenture Technology
Posted 1 day ago
Agile/Change Organization Consultant
Posted 1 day ago
Federal - Integration Operations Analyst, Mid
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.