The Pervasive Network is opening up many new service opportunities for Communications Service Providers (CSPs). While there is an almost infinite number of possible new revenue streams, individual CSPs will initially need to focus on a few priority applications across consumer and enterprise markets.
Dynamic Network Services can assist CSPs in rapidly launching new software-driven services that keep pace with customer desires and
expectations … helping CSPs identify and launch the most promising use cases for new services for the B2B, B2C and B2B2X markets.
Dynamic Network Services helps CSPs design, develop, deploy and take to market next-generation service portfolios that will meet the emerging needs of both consumer and enterprise customers in a cost-effective and efficient manner, while reducing time to revenue.
Some of the highest-potential B2C services where Accenture can help CSPs unlock opportunity include:
- Connected Home: CSPs can bring together all types of technology-enabled home services that consumers need – including traditionally operated delivered services, such as broadband and TV, as well as newer “smart home” services – via one platform, with fully integrated, highly personalized service.
- Consumer IoT: The Pervasive Network is positioned to serve as the intelligent hub connecting the Internet of Things – wearables, self-driving and connected vehicles, connected TV and others – in a two-sided, platform-interconnected business model that offers great promise. Laptops, phones, fitness wristbands, televisions, security sensors, appliances, utilities and more will converge into an easy-to-control, totally interconnected environment where CSPs can play a central role.
B2B services where Accenture can help unlock significant opportunity for CSPs include:
- Virtual Network Services: Software-defined wide area networking (SD-WAN) has the capability to fulfill three core network functions important to enterprise customers – routing, branch network security, and Virtual Private Networking (VPN), including virtual customer premises equipment (vCPE).
- Cloud Services: CSPs can play a central role in offering cloudified new services, potentially including infrastructure-as-a-service, platform-as-a-service, and software-as-a-service.
- Enterprise Mobility & Security: CSPs have significant opportunities in enterprise digital services related to information security and enterprise mobility management.
- Intelligent Enterprise: CSPs can help enterprises take advantage of the Pervasive Network’s capability to serve as the intelligent hub connecting the IoT with other aspects of the business.
Dynamic Network Services can help CSPs clarify the use cases for these and other offerings, then define, iterate, provision and launch the software-driven services that will place carriers at the center of the Pervasive Network for consumers and enterprise customers alike. Dynamic Network Services brings together the digital and technology capabilities required to effectively serve these customers in the context of the competitive landscape.