Sales productivity in high-tech is in decline. Giving reps more sales tools, more disconnected data and more time to sell isn’t solving anything. In fact, it’s just adding to the distraction and inefficiencies that get in the way of sales effectiveness.
It’s all about focus. And that’s what outcome selling provides – giving CSOs the relevant, actionable insights they need to shape their sellers’ behaviors and deliver the experiences their customers demand. Get things into focus now by reading this new Accenture report “Selling In the Age of Distraction”.
• 55% think their company's sales tools are an obstacle, not a facilitator...
• …59% say they have too many sales tools.
• Distraction has reduced sellers’ performance by 14%...AND….
• Sales productivity continues to decline – from 41% to 36% in just 5 years.
• 75% recognize they need to improve the accuracy of their business forecasts
• 60% say they need to fine-tune their assessments of marketing-generated leads
• 57% know they must get better at closing deals in forecast time frames.
• 58% can’t identify the sales reps who need extra training
• 41% know they need to get better at hiring reps who succeed
• 56% need to improve training for social media selling; almost 20% say it needs a major re-design.
• 1/4 of the sales force turns over each year (5% increase since 2015)
• 15% of territories and customers left uncovered due to sales talent attrition and 6-12 months learning “ramp-up” time
• 64% of customers globally switched provider last year due to poor customer service.
To learn more visit accenture.com/salesgrowth