Legal Services professionals support Accenture's business, minimize risk and assure compliance with laws and company policies; provide specialized and deep areas of expertise; and coordinate all legal advice and counsel related to commercial arrangements and offerings, third-party alliances, complex outsourcing deals and transactions, intellectual property, public company responsibilities, board of directors support, mergers and acquisitions, compliance and regulatory support, and employment law.
The Contract Management Intern will manage a variety of government, international and commercial contracts and subcontracts, in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements. This individual will also take the responsibility to provide on-site advice to business units and project teams on Contract Management and policy compliance matters.
The Contract Management Intern may manage more than one engagement or, alternatively, be full-time on a single engagement (depending on the size/complexity of the agreement), or may work within a service center function.
Key responsibilities may include:
- responding to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Active role in dealing with customer division (sales, technical and purchasing)
- identifying risks and issues, suggesting alternatives that lead to the best solution
- reviewing and managing contractual obligations of the parties and providing continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
- preparing and disseminating information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- being in charge of consultation and escalation to a senior director, of contractual, business or Contract Management positioning issues which are not solved satisfactorily by the project team in a timely manner
- implementing of Contract Management processes
- managing daily workload of assigned Contract Management personnel and project, or business personnel assisting with the Contract Management function
- being the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- being a liaison between company and clients/vendors
- project or business personnel adhering to company policies and procedures
- being responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance
- developing and integrating Contract Management tools, templates, methods and processes for the engagement
- achieving a reasonable level of understanding of company’s major business areas (System Integration and/or Outsourcing) in order to communicate effectively with project Senior Management and provide relevant advice. You may provide training to personnel
- actively being involved in regional and global Contract Management initiatives.
- College Degree is required; advanced Degree in Business, Contract Management, Law or Engineering is preferred.
- Membership in the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and professional certification are a plus.
- 1+ years' experience in Contract Management/Procurement/Legal/Finance field and applicable industry experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles.
- Ability to resolve contracts and pricing issues.
- Ability to advise and interact with all levels of management.
- Strong critical thinking, ability to understanding and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility, adaptability, Can-do attitude.
- Fluent English.
- Availability to travel internationally.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.