The Contract Management Specialist may manage more than one engagement or, alternatively, be full-time on a single engagement (depending on the size/complexity of the agreement) or may work within a service center function.
Manage a variety of governmental or non-governmental contracts and subcontracts for the provision of the company’s services, in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. Provide on-site advice to Accenture’s business units and project teams on contract provisions and policy compliance matters.
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Reviews and manages contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Responsible for consultation and escalation to a senior director, of contractual, business or CM positioning issues which are not solved satisfactorily by the project team in a timely manner
- Responsible for implementation of CM processes
- Manages daily workload of assigned Contract Management personnel and project or business personnel assisting with the contract management function
- Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and Legal, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- Acts as liaison between Accenture and clients/vendors
- Responsible for assigned Contract Management, project or business personnel adhering to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for informing the project team of the requirements of the contract and monitoring compliance
- Develops and integrates contract management tools, templates, methods and processes for the engagement
- Achieves a reasonable level of understanding of Accenture’s major business areas (System Integration and/or Outsourcing) in order to communicate effectively with project Senior Executives and provide relevant advice. May provide training to Contract Management personnel.
- May lead Tier 2 (Portfolio) or Tier 3 (Service Center) structures.
- May lead small OG sub-teams in country/regions where each OG has less than five assigned Contract Management professionals.
- Actively involved in regional and global Contract Management initiatives.
Will report to both project manager and CM lead for the industry group.
- College degree required; advanced degree in business, contract management, law or engineering preferred.
- Membership in the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and professional certification are a plus
Minimum of 6 years in contract management/procurement/legal/finance field and applicable industry experience
Experience in Client Contract Management is a must
- Work Requirements:
Travel within geography
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles
· Able to resolve contracts and pricing issues
. Able to understand and comply with guidance and directives from project management or direct function supervisor
· Able to advise and interact with all levels of management
· Able to demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills
· Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills
. Demonstrated proficiency in using spreadsheets and Microsoft Word
. Experience in IT and/ or Management consulting is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Business Transformation Advisor - Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Mobile and Web Apps Developer Consultant (ALL LOCATIONS)
Business & Technology Integration
Global Travel, Aviation Consulting Manager 2
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.