Storage & Backup Lead
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries – powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture Technology powers digital transformation through services designed to reinvent your application portfolio and a new style of IT. We combine business and industry insights with innovative technology to drive growth for your business. Accenture Technology delivers applications, from design and development through testing and maintenance, while helping clients shift to New IT with our leading-edge capabilities in automation and connectivity. We provide comprehensive service and project delivery for clients around the world using the latest advances in robotics, integrated analytics, automation and artificial intelligence.
· Patch installation
· Enlist local assistance when routine assistance is needed
· Production support of operating systems
· Security compliance responsibilities
· Familiar with latest data retention and storage policies and industry standards
· Backup and Restore Architecture
· Configure backup schedules
· Monitor job completion status (success and failure)
· Act as liaison with hosting vendor
· Perform analysis and resolution approach for all vulnerabilities
· Coordinate off site tape storage
· NetApp Filers (Unified Storage-NAS and SAN) Administration.
· Storage Server Building, Storage clustering & High availability
· Storage capacity planning. Experience with scripting using PERL, UNIX shell or similar languages.
· Expertise in designing and implementing Netbackup solutions for various client platforms such as Oracle, SQL, windows, UNIX.
· Expertise in performing Netbackup upgrades on Netbackup Master Servers and clients.
· Expertise in day-to-day operations on Netbackup (Netbackup Health check).
· Perform Proof of Concept (POC) testing for new storage technology products.
· Design the backup network to ensure that the required service level agreements (SLAs) for recovery are met.
· Perform root cause analysis for problems encountered
· Good working experience on Virtual and physical tape libraries with LTO2/LTO4 drives.
· Knowledge on Data domain vtl or Clariion Disk Library.
Year of Experience:
· Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
Working Knowledge & experience is must
· EMC Storage Certification
· IBM Storage certification
· EMC Storage Certification (EMCSA)
· IBM Storage Certification
Other Skills (Process & Soft Skills):
· ITIL V3 Awareness / Foundation Certified
· Fluent in spoken & written English
· Arabic Language (spoken: as “Nice to Have” skill)
· Ability to communicate thoroughly through verbal and written mediums.
· Ability to observe, ask questions, listen actively, and give and accept feedback effectively.
· Organize and compile information from external and internal sources.
· Communicate effectively with both external and internal customers.
· Strong communications skills including the ability to communicate technical information in using non-technical language
- Take part in 24x7 on-call rotation
· Work out of hours evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays at reasonable request to perform production changes
Saudi nationals are preferred in line with vision Saudi 2030.
· B. E. / B.Tech./ MCA/ MSc.
· Other Graduates with Technical Certification is must
Why join us?
- We offer a transparent, fast paced approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues
- You will benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and pioneering tools
- Flexible work arrangements and a range of benefits including competitive rewards
- You will have access to state-of-the-art technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends
- You will also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
To learn more about life @AccentureMiddleEast, follow us on social media and keep up with our latest news.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.