Job Title: Storage & Backup Administrator
Location: Saudi Arabia
Duration: 1 year fixed term contract with a possibility of extension
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Patch installation
· Enlist local assistance when routine assistance is needed
· Production support of operating systems
· Security compliance responsibilities
· Familiar with latest data retention and storage policies and industry standards
· Backup and Restore Architecture
· Configure backup schedules
· Monitor job completion status (success and failure)
· Act as liaison with hosting vendor
· Perform analysis and resolution approach for all vulnerabilities
· Coordinate off site tape storage
· NetApp Filers (Unified Storage-NAS and SAN) Administration.
· Storage Server Building, Storage clustering & High availability
· Storage capacity planning. Experience with scripting using PERL, UNIX shell or similar languages.
· Expertise in designing and implementing Netbackup solutions for various client platforms such as Oracle, SQL, windows, UNIX.
· Expertise in performing Netbackup upgrades on Netbackup Master Servers and clients.
· Expertise in day-to-day operations on Netbackup (Netbackup Health check).
· Perform Proof of Concept (POC) testing for new storage technology products.
· Design the backup network to ensure that the required service level agreements (SLAs) for recovery are met.
· Perform root cause analysis for problems encountered
· Good working experience on Virtual and physical tape libraries with LTO2/LTO4 drives.
· Knowledge on Data domain vtl or Clariion Disk Library.
Year of Experience:
· Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
Working Knowledge & experience is must
· EMC Storage Certification
· IBM Storage certification
· EMC Storage Certification (EMCSA)
· IBM Storage Certification
Other Skills (Process & Soft Skills):
· ITIL V3 Awareness / Foundation Certified
· Fluent in spoken & written English
· Arabic Language (spoken: as “Nice to Have” skill)
· Ability to communicate thoroughly through verbal and written mediums.
· Ability to observe, ask questions, listen actively, and give and accept feedback effectively.
· Organize and compile information from external and internal sources.
· Communicate effectively with both external and internal customers.
· Strong communications skills including the ability to communicate technical information in using non-technical language
- Take part in 24x7 on-call rotation
· Work out of hours evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays at reasonable request to perform production changes
· B. E. / B.Tech./ MCA/ MSc.
· Other Graduates with Technical Certification is must
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.