Contract Specialist - Data Privacy Compliance
Support to legal professionals, Data Privacy Compliance tower within the Global DP Team, business teams from corporate functions providing advice and review of internal applications.
• Reviewing legal assessments questionnaires, drafting data privacy assessments and training decks;
• Legal research on data privacy laws and regulations in jurisdictions at global level;
• Works autonomously with supervision.
• Provide support to the Global Data Privacy team in connection with data privacy issues involved in Data Privacy Compliance Tower.
• Provide support and advice with an overall aim to ensure compliance with data privacy requirements and corporate standards and policies.
• Follow legal developments in the area and perform legal research;
• Draft guidance materials and legal document templates for internal use;
• Provide training sessions or create training materials for other areas;
• Participate in required trainings and work sessions;
• Report to Global Data Privacy team and GLN Core supervisors and coordinators.
Specific Responsibilities Aligned to Role
• Act as the central legal area coordinator/contact for cross legal areas reviews related to internal data processing globally e.g. platforms, applications, tools and systems.
• Obtain a deep understanding of the program/project from a technical perspective to be able to provide relevant legal advice.
• Identify impacted legal areas and pre-assess the program/project from a broad legal standpoint.
• Share recommendations and knowledge effectively with all legal and operational areas that need to be involved in the assessment of the program/project.
- Identify potential areas of legal/compliance vulnerability and risk, develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provide guidance on how to avoid or deal with such issues from a general legal perspective.
- Collaborate and consult with all legal areas (from a global and local perspective) to ensure key legal/ compliance issues are identified and sent to appropriate channels for investigation and review.
- Consult with other areas (e.g. employee relations, procurement) as needed to identify and resolve any legal compliance issues.
• Review legal advice received from global and local legal counsels, follow-up with questions where necessary and liaise with external legal counsel, if required. Provide consistent and pragmatic recommendations/guidance to program/project managers and leads.
• Assist in dealing with any legal operational issues (e.g. review changes to global policies, co-ordinate changes to employment contracts, assist with works council notifications, etc.).
• Record, maintain and report effectively on all advice received from global and local legal counsels .
• Manage people across all geographies and legal/operational areas to ensure reviews are carried out in a timely manner and outstanding issues are resolved.
• Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep Legal Area Coordinator Lead, Project Management, Leadership informed of the legal reviews and compliance efforts.
• Generate reusable tools and repeatable processes
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Holds law degree and experience in legal matters for at least 4-6 years in relevant area of law;
• English language proficiency – other languages may be an advantage.
• Expertise in DP laws and practices. General understanding or ability to understand general legal issues relating to employment, IP, confidential information, contracts, litigation, corporate investigations, cybersecurity, marketing, trade compliance, legal operations, ethics & tax.
• Demonstrate sound judgment, ability to make decisions and an elevated level of common sense.
• Strong legal advice and drafting skills.
• Ability to present innovative, original solutions and to act as a strategic thinker.
• Ability to influence, strong executive presence. Ability to collaborate effectively with global and local legal colleagues across all functions
• Responsive and follows through on commitments.
• Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• IT skills and confident learning new technology
• Ability to work effectively with the business leaders across Accenture as well as leaders within Corporate Functions (HR, CIO, IS, Marketing, etc.).