Infrastructure Network Engineer
Bucharest Job No. 10831811
Infrastructure Engineering platform is responsible for the design, implementation, and operation of infrastructure solutions interconnecting, protecting, and managing the client network. An Infrastructure Network Engineer is responsible for the technical support and escalation for infrastructure communication and security-related issues, incidents, changes, and other deliverables such as technical and project documentation.
- Due diligence of existing client’s platform, analyzing physical topology, logical interconnectivity, service dependency, application flows, and security constraints according to existing and agreed methodology
- Support and troubleshoot infrastructure network security elements and systems delivered by the project to the client during the transition/handover period. That includes firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networks (VPN), security device management platforms, etc.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation for the delivered or operated infrastructure. Raising and fulfilling changes, service requests, and task records while adhering to agreed processes and procedures
- Lifecycle management (patching), testing, acceptance, replacement, and (re)provisioning
- Developing connectivity and security solution in cooperation with Infrastructure and Application SMEs for solid end-to-end secure communication using existing industry standards, best practices and know-how fitting it into existing infrastructure and operations framework
- Communicating with technical stakeholders to understand requirements, challenges, and risks
- Have 1+ year(s) experience in Data Centre or Wide Area networking (routing & switching)
- Strong knowledge of at least one dynamic routing protocol and good knowledge of switching is required
- Experience working with firewall platforms or public cloud platforms is a plus
- Have a good knowledge of networking – either classic (switching, dynamic routing protocols, static and rule-based routing, etc.) or cloud (VPC, peering, gateways, SD-WAN secure fabric). Certificate in any networking area is a plus.
- Have a good understanding of encryption and tunneling protocols (PKI, IPSec, SSL VPN, TLS, IKE, IKEv2, etc.)
- Understand application protocols in context of OSI network layers and content inspection (Load-balancing, WAF, IPS, IDS, etc.)
- Understand cloud technologies and infrastructure virtualization (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, NFV, SDN, SD-WAN)
- Be flexible for international business trips to attend client meetings or workshops or perform remote site installation and configuration.
- Have good verbal communication skills (English) in both technical and non-technical communications.
- Have good experience creating design documents (HLD, LLD) diagrams (Visio) and presentations (PPT)
- Have a good analytical mindset for problem-solving under stress and time pressure.
- Benefits packages
- Training package on various technologies (e.g. SDN, Cisco, Fortinet, VMware, different Cloud platforms, etc.) and the possibility to gain a certification
- International teams and multilingual environment
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and the opportunity to specialize in other technologies
- Ability to learn from the best IT experts on the market
For us, you are Truly Human. Join our Accenture Team and get along on a lifetime journey!