The Geographic Compliance & Corporate (GCC) team within the Accenture Legal group is responsible for managing Accenture’s more than 800 legal entities in more than 70 countries. GCC is organized by Market Units and have dedicated lawyers managing legal entities within their dedicated countries. The Venture & Acquisitions PMI team within the Legal group is responsible for integration of acquired entities into Accenture’s structure. The Strategic Corporate Initiatives Team is a joint GCC and Venture & Acquisitions PMI team comprised of dedicated corporate lawyers responsible for corporate initiatives that span cross multiple market units.
In this role, the Senior Legal Counsel will support corporate projects globally and cross market units and will be responsible for managing a number of projects related to Accenture’s entity structure, including entity restructurings, post-acquisition integration entity transactions, elimination of entities, divestitures, other ad-hoc projects, including coordination of complex entity transactions involving multiple countries across Accenture, and supervise outside counsel as necessary.
- Manage corporate entity matters work (e.g. intra group reorganizations, share transfers, in-kind distributions/contributions, business transfers, mergers and liquidations, etc.)
- Assist in managing global corporate programs such as entity eliminations, and in some cases governance including corporate secretarial activities in support of shareholder and board meetings (e.g., prepare board briefing packages, presentations, minutes and instruct external advisers on any filings with the relevant corporate authorities)
- Manage due diligence for entity/corporate transactions and projects
- Collaborate with members of Legal, HR, tax, treasury, controller-ship and other teams
- Coordinate entity transactions related to the acquisition of target groups and their integration into Accenture entities across multiple countries
- Assume Market Unit specific assignments on an ad hock basis
- Supervise outside counsel and manage legal budgets for different projects
- Leverage internal and external resources with reusable and industrialized knowledge, including curating precedent documents for future use (and help establish precedent library)
- Collaborate with and leverage team responsible for tracking entity information and maintaining entity books and records for legal entities and proactively manage the liquidation / dissolution of unnecessary legal entities
Reports to : Venture & Acquisitions PMI Lead and GCC Strategic Corporate Initiatives Lead