Global Legal Network is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centers of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organization coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture's business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
About the role:
Review, draft, and negotiate several types of contractual agreements in a fast-paced corporate environment which may include: master services agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, consulting, systems integration and agile development. Team with more senior CLPs in supporting more complex contracts and deal structures. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions.
You will be responsible for:
- Help to structure, negotiate and close client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective and educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
- Strategize with senior CLPs and internal business clients prior to client negotiations
- Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
- Develop deeper skills in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
- Embrace and evolve to gain experience in seven Contracting attributes, including becoming a pathfinder, architect, business-minded, nonconformist, inspired, relevant and technology enabled contracting professional
Reports to: Contracting Lead for the MU
Supervises: No direct supervisory responsibility
External Relationships: Accenture client executives and negotiating teams; Outside Counsel