Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Geographic Compliance & Corporate (GCC) Role Summary – To provide comprehensive support to legal and business teams which includes support on Accenture policies and processes, legal research, legal judgements, using various tools and methodologies focused on internal policy compliances, risk mitigation, contract execution, etc. The individual may also need to handle responsibilities related to people and process management.
Management Level Description
- Requires analysis and solving of moderately complex problems. May create new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures.
- Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Authority: Requires guidance when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
Impact or Decision Impact: Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
Scope: Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
- Understand the CORE areas, relevant company policies
- Develop subject-matter knowledge and proficiency in the concerned support area and act as its POC
- Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues and build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
- Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area, support LTO/CIO in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones, assist team in drafting checklists and process documents, manage SharePoint and communication records
- Support recruitment efforts for the team, supervise resources, and assist GLN Team Lead in people management, as required, provide team members with positive and developmental feedback
- Identify and support any specific trainings for the team, provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
- Support implementation of new initiatives in CORE support area or within Legal/GLN, try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
- Provide legal support to Accenture Corporate Functions and other areas on local & global legal matters. Provide legal advice and guidance and respond to inquiries made by various internal teams such as Workplace Solutions, Marketing & Communication, HR, Corporate Citizenship, CIO, IT and business teams, among others, on their daily operation.
- Provide Legal advice and support various areas of Accenture in the Compliance area, supporting with local Ethics & Compliance matters, Anticorruption, Competition Law, Regulatory, Data Privacy, Accenture’s policies, Intellectual Property, conflicts of interests and reviews of Codes of Conduct, among others. Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and with Accenture global and local policies and processes. Flag compliance risks in the day-to-day Accenture operations.
- Provide Legal support in the review of local & global Data Privacy initiatives. Identify risks according to local law and Accenture policies and flag potential issues.
- Support Entity Matters operations with various tasks, including drafting of corporate documents, drafting Board of Directors’ resolutions, management of Power of Attorneys, support to PMI processes and maintaining updated databases, among others.
- Provide general legal support in different areas collaborating with other Accenture Legal teams, such as Litigation, Employment Law, Taxes, Acquisitions, Administrative Law and Contract Management, among others.
- Support the provision of training to Accenture teams on matters related to the support to the Corporate Functions.
- Team members providing services on a process/project or account/portfolio of accounts
- Accenture Counsels, Client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives, outside counsels, vendors, corporate function