Reporting to the Director, Global Regional Protective Services, the Manager, Regional Protective Services Europe is a full time role, responsible for providing ‘Enterprise Security Risk Management’ (including physical security risk management, Personal Security, life safety, crisis management, risk mitigation, investigative services, workplace violence (WPV), behavioral threat assessment, event security -executive protection, security and safety systems and equipment, identification of local / global incidents that impact Accenture and the coordination of notification messages to employees, geo-political threat monitoring (regional/global), threat/risk identification and analysis, security vendor management, security training, and budget development) advice and assistance to Accenture locations within areas of responsibility; the role may also include some elements of Global responsibilities.
S/he will assist in providing strategic leadership of a corporate security program in a complicated corporate environment that values collaboration, independent thinking, proactive problem-solving, integrity, collegiality, efficiency, and continuous organizational transformation. S/he is expected to develop a close collaborative relationship with Accenture’s Business, IT, Cyber Security, Legal, Travel, Workplace, and HR leaders as well as with domestic and foreign law enforcement and diplomatic and intelligence services.
Responsibilities may include some or all the below:
- Support people safety/security mission.
- Foster security culture and awareness.
- Apply your broad security risk management knowledge, understanding of policies, procedures, and frameworks to enable business operations activities.
- Contribute / implement security strategy, plans, procedures, and controls
- Identify, anticipate, assess, and help resolve complex business challenges where collaboration and cooperation between individuals is often needed to affect the solution.
- Conduct / support security surveys, internal and externals audits & reviews.
- Cultivate, build engagement / relationship with internal and external stake holders including vendors, industry organizations, law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Establish near term goals and provide input to longer term goals within area of responsibility; contribute to long-term planning.
- Maintain awareness of relevant EU regulations and decisions.
Crisis Management, Risk Intelligence, Event Monitoring, and Employee Notification
- As SME (crisis incident management) serve as a key contact for internal and external stake holders.
- Deal with difficult and sensitive situations appropriately and confidentially.
- Oversee information gathering to identify and assess any threats against the organization.
- Manage incident notification and security assessments by vendors to ensure the timely receipt of information and analysis on events which could impact Accenture’s facilities, people, or operations.
- Oversee the dissemination of such information to Accenture leadership and coordinates any messaging to employees.
- Be on point for escalations from the Global Accenture Security Operations Center by serving as an on-duty watch officer.
- Active member of Behavioral Threat Assessment Team (BTAT).
- Support employees/contractors/clients affected by internal / external safety-security incidents.
- Conduct threat assessments to include domestic and international operations and disseminate findings as needed.
- Support security awareness training, country risk profiles, hotel-residential security, movement security, office security, and travel security.
- Oversee the provision of special security arrangements for a variety of events.
- Support executive protection and event security management; coordinate physical on-site security, medical and local law enforcement support to select meetings accordingly.
- Manage / oversee vendors - personnel
- All candidates must have at least 10 years of relevant security experience with at least 5 of those years in a management position; or the equivalent in a private, government, security forces.
- A college degree from an accredited college or university is required. An advanced degree is a plus.
- Motivated to work in a meritocratic, collaborative culture in which work ethic, humility, collaboration, and a “roll-up your sleeves mentality” are critical.
- Nimble, highly responsive, able to pivot quickly between projects and priorities and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Uncompromised ethics and integrity.
- Industry recognized local and international professional security certifications are a plus.
Other desired competencies include:
- Basic computer skills (experience/proficiency in Microsoft suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Possess strong analytical skills, understand complex issues, larger picture, quickly absorb information and deploy conceptual and creative problem solving.
- Be a natural leader with the ability to easily establish trust-based relationships; skilled in gaining valuable insights through collaboration and communication.
- Lead, mentor and develop people.
- Possess drive, determination, and optimism with proven ability to adapt, agility and remove obstacles to achieve results.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask.
- Program/project management knowledge.
- Ability to travel 25% of time & work outside normal business hours & at short notice.
- Knowledge in contingency, disaster recovery, business continuity and evacuation planning
- General understanding of investigative process.
- Extensive knowledge of physical security and systems.
- General understanding of safety/security in a corporate environment.
- General understanding of legal and corporate terminology.
- Exposure and demonstrated ability to work in multicultural environments.
- Strong cultural sensitivities and empathy.
- Language skills is a plus.
- Fluency in English is expected.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.