Employment Law Role Summary – To support the Employment Law team, as well as Business, in different geographies on employment counselling, legal research, employee relations matters, litigation matters, deals review, policies review, initiatives support, develop training materials and handbooks; and handling high complexity matters. The individual may also need to handle responsibilities related to people and process management.
Management Level Description Complexity:
• Requires analysis and solving of moderately complex problems. May create new solutions, leveraging and, where needed, adapting existing methods and procedures.
• Requires understanding of the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
• Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Authority: Requires guidance when determining methods and procedures on new assignments
Impact or Decision Impact: Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
Scope: Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture
• Understand the CORE areas, relevant company policies
• Develop subject-matter knowledge and proficiency in the concerned support area and act as its POC
• Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues and build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
• Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area, support LTO/CIO in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones, assist team in drafting checklists and process documents, manage SharePoint and communication records
• Support recruitment efforts for the team, supervise resources, and assist GLN Team Lead in people management, as required, provide team members with positive and developmental feedback
• Identify and support any specific trainings for the team, provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
• Support implementation of new initiatives in CORE support area or within Legal/GLN, try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
• Research and draft opinion to assist Employment Legal Team on complex employment law related queries
• Support to Employment Legal Team on Employees Relations matters and Litigation matters
• Deal support- Initial reviews of HR schedules, Non-compete reviews, employment provisions reviews
• Track latest updates on employment law, assess impact on Accenture operations and update internal clients and legal senior management
• Coordination and legal assessments on regional/ global projects, policies, and compliance initiatives