Job Title: Contracting Manager
Career Level: CL7
Role: Global Legal Network - Contracting
Talent Segment: Legal and Commercial
Global Legal Network is a group of professionals operating globally from 11 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centers of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organization coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture's business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We have an unwavering commitment to equality for all. Together, we are acting, we are leading, and we will drive change across the globe.
Lead, structure, draft and negotiate complex client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Advise senior company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions and understanding of the larger market. Manage and advise junior legal professionals in transactions and related matters. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions while supporting Legal, Business and Sales Leadership in shaping and executing Accenture’s market-facing strategies.
· Lead, structure, negotiate and close Accenture’s complex client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective and educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
· Counsel, guide, train and support junior CLPs
· Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
· Develop subject matter experience in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
· Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
· Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
· Embrace and evolve to gain experience in seven Contracting attributes, including becoming a pathfinder, architect, business-minded, nonconformist, inspired, relevant and technology enabled contracting professional
Reports to: Contracting Lead for the MU
Supervises: As per designated role
External Relationships: Accenture client executives and negotiating teams; Outside Counsel
· Law Degree
· Authorized and licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
· Minimum 6 years of transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant industry
· Minimum of 3 years of experience negotiating Intellectual Property and Data Privacy issues preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Accomplished negotiator with an understanding of principle-based negotiation strategy and tactics including the ability to present alternatives with proposed solutions
· Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions with high degree of autonomy
· Experience negotiating and drafting technology-based agreements
· Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
· Strong executive presence
· Good understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions .
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
BEHAVIOURS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Travel required.
· Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration. [REMOVE IF REQUIRED PER LOCAL PROCESS]
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE CRITERIA:
· 12-15 years of experience in legal services (for GLN Applicants)