Accenture is an equal opportunity employer. We have an unwavering commitment to equality for all. Together, we are acting, we are leading, and we will drive change across the globe.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centers of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
CORE and Global Services (CGS) is a group of legal professionals working and supporting different legal areas such as Compliance, Regulatory Offerings, Ethics, Procurement, Corporate Matters, Resale, Strategic Partnering and the Services Areas aligned with the new offerings and technologies such as Strategy & Consulting, Interactive, Technology, Security and Operations.
Technology: Resale Role Summary – Accenture has a Resale program under which it resells third party technology to Clients. Support Accenture’s business in performing resale transactions by providing guidance in deal-shaping and subject matter expertise on agency resale.. The role requires drafting, review and negotiation of resale agreements/legal documents with Partners and Clients following Accenture’s internal policies, procedures and applicable laws.
• Understand the Global Services areas
• Understand relevant company policies
• Develop subject-matter expertise in the concerned support area
• Act as a POC for the support area
• Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area
• Support LTO/CIO in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones
• Assist team in drafting checklists and process documents
• Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues
• Manage SharePoint and communication records
• Identify and support any specific trainings for the team
• Support implementation of new initiatives in Global Services support area or within Legal/GLN
• Build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
• Support recruitment efforts for the team
• Supervise resources, and assist GLN Team Lead in people management, as required
• Provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
• Provide individuals with positive and developmental feedback
• Try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
• Independently draft and review and negotiate medium/high complexity agreements and documents to be signed with partners and clients, including but not limited to Non-Disclosure agreements, Affiliate Addendums, Resale/Alliance agreements, Resale Teaming Agreements, order forms, renewals and amendments, among others.
• Analyze and propose solutions to medium/high-complexity contract issues. Independently handle the communication with internal clients, business teams and stakeholders on various legal matters and escalate to regional leads accordingly.
• Maintain contract compliance in line with company policies and procedures and ensure issues are identified and resolved;
• Support deal shaping opportunities for specific medium complexity deals, consulting as necessary.
• Require approvals when needed - in particular, ensuring that all stakeholders are fully informed and engaged on a timely basis with the process and associated responsibilities.
• Perform research of laws and regulations or technical aspects applicable to assigned requests, consulting as necessary.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Law
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing
• Travel may be required
• Fluency in English (and other language, depending on geography supported) with strong oral and written communication skills
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience in agreement drafting, review and negotiation, identifying risks and proposing solutions.
• Good experience in generic/legal research and reporting, including due diligence
• Demonstrate promptness, accuracy and consistency with the activities supported
• Demonstrate autonomy, take ownership, and drive tasks to closure
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented, sound judgement, organized, and adaptable
• Strong time management, prioritization, and analytical skills
• Able to work with internal and external teams to assist with day-to-day support and to understand delivery requirements
• Basic understanding of Accenture offerings and function specific services performed
• Good understanding of commercial agreements, legal and compliance principles
• Understand general basic corporate business practices and contracting regulations
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
• Comfortable with technology and has experience in the use of tools & databases.
• Ability to work under pressure, with exposure to senior leadership
• Effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations
• Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments
• Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and an ability to provide appropriate advice
• Able to effectively influence senior leadership
• Understand cross-cultures and open to work with team members across the globe
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture
• Demonstrate inclusion and respect for all individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality
• Collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.