Geographic Legal Counsel Associate Manager
As Associate Manager, Data & AI Compliance, you have an important role in building Accenture’s new global Data & Applied Intelligence compliance program, reporting to and in close cooperation with the Manager, Data & AI Compliance. The program will ensure Accenture meets contractual obligations, legal and regulatory requirements as well as voluntary commitments made in the fields of data governance and applied (artificial) intelligence, with a strong focus on bringing Accenture’s values and culture to life.
This role will support our activities to design, build and maintain a strong compliance program which sits next to our mature data privacy program. The program will be established in 2022 and should very soon be operational while we will further extend it in 2023 and beyond. It works in close alignment with our other compliance programs, our Global Services Legal team, Responsible AI team and others. It is a full-time role that will be filled by an experienced professional able to demonstrate expertise and interest in the areas of digital, technology, governance and compliance.
Closely working with other Data & AI Compliance staff, your key responsibilities will be to
• Review Accenture internal as well as client facing projects to ensure compliance with law, regulations and voluntary commitments;
• Draft and maintain Accenture standards and controls reflecting legal, regulatory and policy requirements as well as best practices;
• Closely work with risk, information security and other teams to support building and running the program, supporting our risk and quality management as well as post market monitoring, each as relevant for the scope of the program;
• Support client facing work such as client assessments and contracts;
• Support the documentation of AI systems and solutions with a focus on high risk ones;
• Provide advice to ensure data and AI compliance issues are considered at the outset of new services, offerings, projects, products and initiatives;
• Keep abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact, and develop and deliver guidance and training for internal audiences;
• Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with internal stakeholders, in particular with legal, risk, information security and business teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated command of data governance and artificial intelligence, and related policy, laws and regulations;
• Has worked supporting a compliance program, ideally at multinational organization and/or in the digital, AI or technology space;
• Proven ability to operationalize and implement strategy and policies;
• Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess trends and developments in data governance and AI, such as the proposed EU AI and digital packages, and to explain issues in a practical, results-focused manner;
• Ability to synthesize complex analysis into clear and consistent recommendations;
• Ability to prioritize and make decisions, and possess a high level of common sense, including the ability to see around the corner and spot risks before they materialize;
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface, and develop relationships, with all levels of management and staff, and work cross-culturally.
Behaviours and Attributes
• Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate program scope and mission;
• Curiosity for learning about new technology, industry best practices, and areas of risk, analyzing and turning new insights into concrete action;
• Strong commitment to ethics, values and company culture;
• Committed to building and maintaining a consistent global program;
• Building and maintaining a network of good working relationships both internally and externally; and
• Fluent in English.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a (ideally global) compliance and ethics/governance function;
Knowledge of data governance, data management principles, strategies and frameworks;
Knowledge of and experience in monitoring legal and regulatory trends and developments and translating those into actionable requirements;
Good to have:
Strong project management and organizational skills would be considered a plus.