Data Engineering Analyst – CL11
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides an unapparelled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Analytics professionals create new insights from predictive statistical modeling activities that target and deliver value to our clients.
The Data Engineering Analyst:
- Works with clients to provide primary and secondary research within an industry or functional area.
- Assesses industry trends, create reports, prepare forecasts, and develop industry/functional models.
- Uses advanced statistical techniques to find relationships between variables.
- Solves organizational problems for the client by analyzing requirements, providing valuable market research linked insights and developing tools and processes to aid decision making.
Engineers undertake activities on a project-by-project basis, either individually or as part of a larger team, and in projects that will vary in duration. They develop and customize search application software for specific client projects in a variety of markets. They provide onsite analysis and written assessments of existing customer installations with recommendations for improvements or upgrades. They participate in the analysis and design of both internet and intranet-based search applications. Travel (to client sites) as needed is to be expected.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
Design/codes applications following specifications using tools that will vary depending on the project, including but not limited to the following:
- Frameworks: Maven, Ant, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, WebAPI, AngularJS, BootStrap
- Technologies: XML, XSLT, CSS/XHTML, SOAP
- Security Protocols/Standards: Kerberos, LDAP
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- Knowledgeable of current software engineering practices
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Problem solving/analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ongoing ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor
Requisite Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in core software development environment(s)
Preferred Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience with written and verbal communication skills including formal and informal presentations, building client relationships, and providing excellent client service.
- Agile Methodologies Certification (e.g. CSM)
- Basic knowledge of software project management practices
- Knowledge of enterprise search platforms (Solr, Lucene, Google, Microsoft Fast, Endeca)
- Oracle Java Certified Associate or Java Certified Professional
Our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.