• Utilize client specific criteria sets (e.g., Milliman or InterQual), applicable client specific medical policy and client clinical guidelines for decision making to either approve or summarize and route to Client's nursing reviewer and/or Client's medical staff for review
• Accurately routes cases to client medical staff for further review when a service or admission does not meet medical necessity, place of service, or benefit criteria.
• Responsible for conducting medical management review activities which require the review of clinical information against client specific criteria as noted above, but excludes denial determinations.
• Process incoming requests, collection of information needed for review from providers, utilizing scripts to screen basic and complex requests for pre-certification and/or prior authorization. Verify benefits and/or eligibility information. Check benefits for facility-based treatment.
• Review of information and summarization of member's potential care needs and/or durable medical equipment (DME) needs following discharge and forward to client for final discharge plan.
• Conduct PSCCR claims review utilizing the member's benefit contract and health plan guidelines.
• Consult with clinical reviewers and/or U.S. - licensed medical directors to approve medically appropriate, high quality, cost effective care throughout the PSCCR process.
• Facilitate accreditation by knowing, understanding, correctly interpreting, and accurately applying accrediting and regulatory requirements and standards.
• Determine contract and benefit eligibility; obtain intake (demographic) information from callers and/or faxes.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.