• Aligning with the systems engineering team to propose and deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments.
• Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop users. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and MapReduce access for the new users.
• Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Ganglia,Nagios,Cloudera Manager Enterprise, Dell Open Manage and other tools.
• Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
• Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
• Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
• Manage and review Hadoop log files.
• File system management and monitoring.
• HDFS support and maintenance.
• Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
• Collaboration with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required.
General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of systems capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
Hadoop skills like HBase, Hive, Pig, Mahout, etc.
Ability to deploy Hadoop cluster, add and remove nodes, keep track of jobs, monitor critical parts of the cluster, configure name-node high availability, schedule and configure it and take backups.
Good knowledge of Linux as Hadoop runs on Linux.
Familiarity with open source configuration management and deployment tools such as Puppet or Chef and Linux scripting.
Knowledge of Troubleshooting Core Java Applications is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
SAP Natural Resources Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
USA TX - Austin
Travel & Expenses Accounting New Associate
Business Process Specialization
USA PA - Philadelphia
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.