- Job description
• Maintain technical overview of client environment which includes incident / problem tracking, and ensuring junior engineers maintain delegated tasks in kind by mentoring technically and professionally
• Research problem information to proactively identify trends and potential sources of new problems while preventing the replication of issues within the environment.
• Act as SME for escalated issues and questions
• Ensure all open incidents for assigned clients are being worked to resolution; escalates any aged issues to management as needed displaying a sense of ownership and accountability.
• Work with customers to understand the business needs of clients to create solutions to fit their needs.
• Primary driver for development and delivery of project activities in client environments, ensuring resourcing and project management needs are met via delegation and guidance of peers, other members of the team
• Provide technical and procedural support via request or by initiating consultation in high volume situations
• Assists in onboarding new clients as assigned.
• Assists management in developing/delivering training programs for project staff, including population of knowledge-based systems with problem resolution tips and best practices.
+ Basic qualifications
1. Degree in any field
2. Minimum of 7 years IT related experience
3. Extensive experience in Exchange Server, SharePoint 2013, Lync Server
4. Knowledgeable with UM integration to telephony and PBX Systems
5. Knowledgeable with Enterprise Storage Solutions
6. Background in Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or 2012, Active Directory, DNS, Certificates Mimosa and other archiving software
7. Knowledge of scripting languages such as vbscript and PowerShell is a plus
8. 5 years experience as a Systems Engineer
9. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator and MCITP required
10. Project Management experience and knowledge of ITIL or MOF practices a plus
11. Experience managing Tier 3 support on mission critical applications. Must have experience in the enterprise level or with diverse and varied environments across multiple customers.