- THE COMPETITION: DEVELOPHER: ALL-FEMALE INNOVATION CHALLENGE
Develop Her: All-Female Innovation Challenge aims to encourage female developers, designers and beginners — both graduating students and professionals—to use their skills and capabilities to develop technology solutions to a challenge. Participants will also experience interacting with technology experts from Accenture and other industry experts in the Philippines.
The specific problem statement for this challenge will be revealed on July 5, 2019 (Friday).
The innovation challenge will begin at 10:30am on July 6, 2019 with the accreditation of the teams selected and will come to a close at 10:30am on July 7, 2019.
All participants must develop a technology that will solve the given theme within in 24 hours and submit the application to the provided site.
All coding must be performed onsite. Should the participants opt to go home and return the following day prior to 8:00AM, all codes must be deposited on the given server before leaving the venue. All web/mobile applications must be submitted by 10:30am of July 7, 2019.
At the end of the 24-hour competition phase, each team must present the output of their efforts in accordance with the instructions provided by Accenture.
Innovation challenge organizers will provide all participants with Wi-Fi connections free of charge. Each participant must provide their own computer or other device for the design and development of the project.
- PROBLEM STATEMENT
DevelopHER 2019’s Problem Statement will be published online a day before the actual competition, July 5, 2019 (Friday).
Participants will be given an opportunity to create solutions with a wide-array of technology capabilities: Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Cloud and Extended Reality. The goal of this challenge is to create prototypes of products, services and ideas using open data, open-source libraries, public APIs, frameworks for fast prototyping and software development, microcontrollers, sensors, and other hardware (e.g. 3D printers, beacons, wearables, etc.).
- The innovation challenge is open to females who are interested in technology and innovation and have an interesting project or other idea to develop within the scope of the challenges proposed
- Participation in the innovation challenge is open to individuals aged 18 or older;
- Female Accenture employees may join the challenge, provided that they have more non-Accenture members in the team.
- Registration for participation in the hackathon is to take place online by providing all necessary information using the form that can be found at https://wwww.accenture.com/developher. Registration will begin on May 27, 2019, and end on June 28, 2019.
- Team CVs shall then be sent to DevelopHER 2019 Core Team once registration is confirmed.
- Any applications submitted with incomplete or inaccurate information will result in the team being disqualified from participation in the hackathon. Accenture rulings in this regard are final.
- Registration does not ensure participation in the innovation challenge. Eligible participants will be contacted by Accenture prior to the event.
CONFIRMATION OF PARTICIPATION
- The teams or individuals selected in accordance with the General Regulations above will receive official confirmation of their acceptance to the hackathon sent to the e-mail address provided at the time of registration.
- This official notification will also provide details on the initiative and all information needed in order to come to the location in which the competition is to be held.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE AND RULES OF PARTICIPATION
- Registering for the innovation challenge is entirely free of charge and is open only to existing teams of 3 to 5 female members.
- Teams and individuals wishing to sign up for the innovation challenge must complete the online registration form at https://wwww.accenture.com/developher indicating the personal details of the individual or of each team member. Each individual participant or team member must accept the event regulations and grant consent for the handling of their personal information and for the use by Accenture of video and other images.
- The members of each team are to ensure that the personal information provided upon registration online is true and accurate and must unconditionally accept any and all decisions made by Hackathon organizers with regard to event organization. The personal details provided for each member will be verified for all teams admitted to the competition prior to the start of the event.
- The admission of teams or individuals to the competition is on a first-come, first-served basis and is to be limited to no more than 100 people or as is compatible with the organizational and logistical needs of Accenture. In the event that more than 100 people have submitted applications, Accenture will select those teams whose individual members best meet the organization's current recruiting needs.
- Each team must be given a name as chosen by its members. Team names must not be connected in any way with the names of companies or registered trademarks or use expressions that incite violence or are discriminatory, obscene, or represent any form of defamation. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- If information provided during online registration is found to be incomplete and/or inaccurate, even if related to just one team member, the entire team concerned will be excluded from the competition.
- If a team member would like to leave before or during the competition, the remaining members must not be lower than the minimum requirement to be allowed to continue in the competition.
- The members of each team undertake not to present projects that have previously been submitted to other initiatives or projects that have been presented at previous editions of the Accenture hackathon.
- By accepting these Regulations and participating in the innovation challenge, each participant undertakes, for the entire duration of the competition, to make use of the facilities in which the competition is to be held and any materials and equipment provided by Accenture with the utmost care and diligence and to comply fully with the rules of conduct and safety established by Accenture. Event participants will be held liable for any damage caused to people or property.
- Innovation challenge participants hereby acknowledge that event participation is free of charge and that participation does not entail any right to compensation of any kind or to reimbursement of any expenses incurred.
THE PANEL OF JUDGES
The projects executed by the teams for the competition will be evaluated by a panel of expert judges, some of which will be members of Accenture senior management, along with other industry experts in the Philippines.
The final decisions of the judges are to be based on the following parameters: Design, Development, and Uniqueness of Concept. The panel will assign a score to each parameter, which will then determine the ranking of each participating team.
The winners will be the two teams with the highest total scores. In the event of a tie, subsequent votes will be held until two winning teams have been selected. The judges’ decision will be final and irrevocable.
All finishers will receive a medal.
Winning teams will be awarded the following prizes by the panel of jurors:
- 1st place team: Php 100,000.00 in cash, tax -free
- Runner Up: Php 50,000.00 in cash, tax- free
There will also be special prizes for teams who meet the judges’ criteria for:
- Most Innovative Hack: Php 10,000.00 in cash, tax -free
- Best Beginner Hack: Php 10,000.00 in cash, tax -free
- Best Pitch: Php 10,000.00 in cash, tax -free
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, GUARANTEES, AND RELEASE OF RESPONSIBILITY
By participating in the competition and accepting these Regulations, each participant hereby:
- declares that each prototype or mock-up presented is an original work and in no way violates, in whole or in part, the intellectual or industrial property rights of others and releases Accenture in the Philippines. and its partners from any and all responsibility, liability, or request for compensation for damages that should be made by any third party;
- acknowledges that each prototype or mock-up presented is the property of the team, which takes full responsibility for ensuring such rights of ownership, intellectual property and originality within the limits of the law (e.g. filing of patents and other such registrations as appropriate);
- acknowledges that any publication by Accenture in the Philippines of the prototype or mock-up on web sites or social media will result in the same being visible to the public and that Accenture in the Philippines assumes no responsibility for any use and/or abuse of the idea and/or any development of the idea and/or related project by any party coming into contact with said idea online or on social media and hereby waives any right to demand compensation for damages from Accenture in the Philippines for any reason.
Participants must observe the following simple rules of conduct:
- respect the other participants;
- do not use expressions that incite violence or forms of discrimination, obscenity, or defamation;
- avoid content that is offensive, vulgar, defamatory, or that violates privacy or is otherwise against applicable law, as well as advertising content or content that concerns political or religious views or other such ideologies;
- avoid developing applications that are clearly off topic compared to the assigned challenge;
- do not violate copyrights, trademarks, or other such rights;
- observe data-protection legislation;
- do not receive outside assistance by way of e-mail or other forms of messaging