This role can be based pretty much anywhere in NZ - work from home or
(if you're in Auckland or Wellington) come into our office!
Accenture Spatial team specialises on integrating spatial/GIS with most industries. Our work varies a lot as all our customers have different needs (local and global customers). We work closely with wider Accenture and our projects are very exciting and rewarding. We cover the globe - New Zealand, Australia, Europe, US and LATAM/Africa/Asia.
Esri is one of the key toolsets, but we do work on all GIS tools – it is customer’s choice after all. Our core team is highly experienced and willing to provide you strong mentoring and professional growth on our exciting industry.
Spatial is pretty new within Accenture and with all things that are new, there is energy and excitement around what we're doing....it feels shiny and fresh and opportunities loom tall around us. With all of the above in mind, we're looking for a Junior to mid-level Developer/Consultant who is highly experienced in GIS (specifically Esri development/configuration tools for web and mobile) and who is happy to wear many different hats and span a variety of things. You're someone who's happy to embrace a challenge of doing 'everything' - which means, you are keen to engage and learn all things spatial.
So, yes, we feel like a start-up - but without the usual business risk and uncertainty that comes when you're starting something up and competing with established companies. Accenture is the benchmark in all markets and spatial is one of the markets you want to watch and see what we do J We're looking for someone who is a hands-on go-getter willing to taggle integration across variety of products and innovation and to grow on consulting and engagement with customers. You'll be working not only on multiple projects, but also in a pre-sales capacity to influence prospective customers and, given this, you'll be someone who enjoys building relationships with prospective customers and who is able to provoke and articulate the commercial value of Spatial solutions in a variety of industries and market segments. You will be able to design GIS solutions with hands-on spatial programming capability, configuration and administering capability (web and mobile web apps/maps) and GIS analysis skills.
Finding people who have this broad capability is rare (no pressure!) ...given this, overseas candidates are encouraged to apply. As an Accredited Employer, we can assist with Visas.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Configuring Esri web and mobile toolkits and builders to provide web and mobile solutions like Web AppBuilder, Experience Builder, Operations Dashboard, Story Maps, App Studio and mobile apps like Field Maps, Navigator etc.
· Helping to develop 2D/3D integrated web solutions for viewing, editing and workflow management, dashboards and monitoring on desktop and mobile.
· Helping to setup, configure, troubleshoot and performance tune ArcGIS for Server/Portal-based Enterprise GIS Solutions.
· Support our cloud-based Esri demo environment and ensure that apps/demos in it are kept up to date, secure and in working order. Advise clients on similar solutions/accelerators.
· Assist other Accenture teams with questions & issues deploying & integrating Esri product suite.
· Provide consulting services on Esri technology.
· Consult directly with Accenture client managers and technical resources in the implementing of Esri solutions.
· Support for gathering spatial client requirements and translating client requirements into high-level solutions for further consultation.
· Through interfacing and discussions with differing levels of clients, capture customer spatial requirements and present the relevant technical solution at customer visits, presentations and other follow up meetings and workshops.
· Review project spatial requirements and recommend appropriate hardware and/or software configurations.
· Support spatial software and hardware planning, licensing, acquisition and maintenance.
· Participate in spatial design and troubleshooting discussions with clients and teammates via in-person meetings, site visits, phone calls, video conference sessions and e-mail.
· Help to explain spatial technical issues and solutions to audiences of widely varying technical abilities.
· Support the writing of user and administrator spatial documentation, release notes and training materials.
· Support writing of technical portions of spatial on project proposals.
· Help prepare spatial customer and industry presentations.
· Support the design and implementation of Security strategies with other Accenture teams.
· With guidance from Spatial Leads evaluate new/emerging spatial technologies and how they might be of use to Accenture and clients.
· Establish and maintain strong, healthy professional relationships with clients, partners and affiliates and with Accenture teammates across all Accenture offices.
· Report progress to clients, Spatial Leads and when assigned to Accenture projects the appropriate coordinator or project manager.
· Achieve your individual resource/project budgets and schedules and help maximize company success, reputation and profitability.
· Perform related duties (e.g. GIS analysis/analytics) as assigned.
Key Skills & Capabilities
· A relevant tertiary qualification/industry certification or equivalent work experience with Esri and
o At least 2 years’ experience in the spatial sector and
o At least 2 years’ experience with Esri-based software development and configuration of builders/toolkits/SDKs and
o At least 2 years’ experience of software & data solutions (ICT/GIS) architecture and
o At least 2 years’ experience with Enterprise Geodatabases/Spatial SQL and scripting.
· Experience on web technologies and frameworks.
· Experience on networking, security, server, desktop and handheld support, enterprise applications, web applications and desktop development.
· Experience in configuring/implementing/customizing Esri web viewers/builders.
· Good knowledge of Esri / ArcGIS software (Desktop, Web, Mobile and Server technologies) including configuration, optimization and creation of Esri service types.
· Proficiency with scripting languages (like Python and ArcPy) and ETL frameworks (like FME and ArcGIS Data Interoperability).
· Good written and verbal communication skills and willingness to support creating detailed documentation (architecture, troubleshooting, procedures, specifications, proposals etc).
· Good presentation and customer-facing skills and professional appearance.
· Experience in administering/configuring/implementing/customizing Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online.
· Experience with design, integration and implementation of ArcGIS for Server/Portal-based enterprise GIS solutions.
· Experience and capability to grow on consulting, advisory and onsite delivery with significant interaction with clients.
· Experience with Cloud and/or Virtualisation implementation, optimization and management.
· DBA experience with relational and/or in-memory databases.
We look forward to you applying!
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services — all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 569,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture has a culture of knowledge sharing and equipping its people with what they need to succeed. We offer flexibility and value diversity in all its forms, welcoming interest from people from all ethnicities, backgrounds, belief systems and worldviews; those looking for full-time or part-time working options as well as people with physical or mental disabilities. Please let us know if you require special assistance at any point in the recruitment process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
SAP EWM Consultant/Senior Consultant/Architect
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 8 days ago
Consultant/Senior Consultant/Architect - SAP Materials Management
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 8 days ago
Consultant/Senior Consultant/Architect - SAP Transportation Management
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 8 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.