As an event-driven architect you will assess, design, create and deliver event-driven architectures for our global clients with real-time and (business-)event-based data needs. This means that you will use your broad technical knowledge which is focused on event-driven architecture. You will, for example, apply your knowledge on design patterns such as kappa and lambda architectures, and how to use methodologies such as event-storming, to help to client structure business events. This in combination with your in-depth technical and hands-on experience on the latest streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Storm or Apache Flink. All to help our clients become an event-driven real-time organization.
Together with your multidisciplinary teams you will work on architecture projects for local and global clients. Your work can mean doing an architecture assessment for a client, focused around how they can improve their processes and apply real-time events. Or the definition of an end-to-end technical strategy with supporting architecture on how to embrace emerging (event-driven) technologies and defining a roadmap on how to achieve this.
Your responsibilities include:
- Designing complex event-driven architectures that leverage innovative technologies
- Developing IT frameworks, methods, reference architectures, principles and championing these at clients and within Accenture
- Working in a variety of client contexts and applying best-of-breed technologies
- Performing Technology Architecture and readiness assessments
- Developing relations with clients and technology vendors
- Applying emerging and disruptive technologies
- Define Technology Blueprints, Strategies and Roadmaps
Our colleagues in the services-based Technology group help clients, both big and small, by revolutionizing their strategic blueprints for IT transformations. Which cloud platform fits best with client X? How do certain IT-solutions impact the risk analysis of suppliers? How can organizations become more agile and through what process are new applications developed from design thinking workshops?
Working closely alongside clients and an international team of professionals, you will develop innovative solutions based on their roadmaps, through mediums such as robotics and artificial intelligence. Throughout the blueprint process you will engage in the development of defense strategies, combining technology and user behavior, to ensure the security of your client. Together we connect the needs of clients with upcoming innovative technologies to prepare them for the future.
- Intrinsically motivated to investigate and experiment with emerging technologies and architectures.
- Able to share thought leadership on event-driven architecture and trends in data architectures.
- 4 to 8 years of experience in the architecture, design, and implementation of event-driven architecture in varying IT landscapes and contexts.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science or a related field.
- Fluent in English, Dutch speaking is a plus
- Proven track record through cloud and/or architecture certifications is a plus
- Architecture, design, and implementation experience with event-driven and data streaming design patterns
- Hands-on experience with Event-driven and streaming technologies.
- Willing to travel within Europe
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we take an agile approach, provide end-to-end services and maintain a realistic mindset. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So, you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- Discount on Accenture shares
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Jurrien van den Berg, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.