- Support maintenance, certification and enhancement of Accenture’s data privacy management system and associated governance tasks in alignment with Policy & Governance lead;
- Maintain, further develop and execute strategy for external relations in data privacy, in alignment with our Government Relations team; work with selected regulators and industry bodies representing Accenture at meetings and through papers; keep abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact, develop guidance and thought leadership for internal and external audiences;
- Support oversight and enhancements for Accenture’s international data transfers approach, including our Binding Corporate Rules and Inter Company Agreements;
- Manage legal and regulatory change, including the process for the identification and assessment of new laws, regulatory guidance and select case law; provide insights on their impact on our and our clients’ business, and support implementation;
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with external stakeholders, in particular with data protection authorities, and contribute to the public debate related to data privacy and ethics;
- Effectively work with a team of DP professionals in remote locations, providing advice and guidance in an engaged, business focused and pragmatic manner.
At Accenture Corporate Functions, we do whatever it takes to make Accenture a success - every day. We are the pieces that hold it all together: organizing collaborations, monitoring and optimizing our activities and results, keeping everyone happy and motivated – and that’s just the beginning.
Working alongside HR, Finance, Geographic services, Marcom, Legal, and Information Management teams, you will find exciting opportunities to make your mark (and a measurable difference, too). We use modern tools, innovative approaches and our knowledge of best practice to ensure everything is running smoothly. It can be challenging to meet all the needs of our big-name clients and partners, as well as our colleagues - but it's worth it when you see what we achieve together.
Reports to: Senior Legal Counsel – Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy.
· Legal, including Government Relations, Sales & Delivery, Geographic Support;
· Corporate Functions and business stakeholders;
· Geographic leadership and the Data Privacy Officer network;
· Related subject matter experts (e.g. security professionals, government compliance, certification SMEs);
· Industry bodies including business/trade associations, external counsel;
· Privacy professionals at client and peer companies; and
· Regulatory and select legislative points of contact.
University degree (Master or comparable level) – legal or political sciences degree. FIP/CIPP/CIPM or comparable privacy certifications required.
Minimum 5 years of experience in global data privacy function preferably in EU institutions, a major law firm and/or multinational corporation. Prior role in regulatory environment or trade association and roles documenting strong project management and organizational skills would be considered a plus. Experience and expertise with major national data privacy legislation, in particular in the European Union, and cross border issues. Experience in monitoring trends and developments and translating those into actionable projects.
Limited travel required as needed. Must have ability to effectively work with others remotely.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Demonstrated command of data privacy and related laws and regulations;
· Proven ability to develop vision, operationalize and implement strategy;
· Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess trends, explain issues in a practical, results focused manner, and curiosity for learning about new technology;
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface, and develop relationships, with all levels of management and staff, work cross-culturally, and represent Accenture externally;
· Confidence and credibility in dealing with internal management, data privacy regulators, and industry bodies;
· Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate company vision and policy, and to seek out areas of risk and priority;
· Ability to consistently apply good judgment;
· Adapts nimbly to changing needs within the business.
The opportunity to deliver impact; not only for our clients, but also for the world around you. A work environment with a focus on your personal development. You work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for all types of forward-thinking international businesses. We want you to develop yourself, since you are the reason clients conversate with us. You will be attending training at international locations together with colleagues from a variety of different countries. Moreover, we invite you to contribute to our Corporate Citizenship Program. A great way to contribute to society!
Then we would be eager to get to know you. Accenture cares about privacy
and we process personal data in accordance with our privacy statement. In
for the position on the Accenture website . For more questions or information
about the vacancy, feel free to contact Florencia Metz any time
An assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
Accenture solves the toughest technological challenges through standout strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Working with over three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, we drive innovation and shape world around us. With expertise in more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver ground-breaking outcomes for a new digital world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
National SAP Supply Chain Technology Senior Consulting Manager
Business & Technology Integration
USA IL - Chicago
Capability Network CFO&EV Finance Manager
USA VA - Alexandria
Federal - Data Scientist
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.