Internship – Smart Grid Associate
the world around you by unleashing your skills and crafting the next generation
of technology. Put your expertise to work as part of the world’s largest
independent technology services provider and lead the way as a trendsetter in
your digital field. We’re ready if you are.
In contemporary literature and research, the future of our energy system is one of the topics with the most attention worldwide. Without a doubt, innovative and flexible solutions are required to handle the future balance of energy supply and demand. Energy aggregators, local energy batteries and other solutions are examples of “demand response” technologies that focus on balancing consumption and production. Accenture operates at the frontline of these developments, combining new technologies with our deep understanding of the energy system.
As an Accenture intern, you will investigate innovations and new technologies in the Dutch energy sector focusing on restoring the energy supply and demand. You will have the freedom and support of Accenture to identify and develop innovations in one of the most rapidly changing sectors of the Netherlands. The smart grid community has identified the following research topics:
- The future of the smart meter: How do we utilize the smart meter now that most households in the Netherlands have a smart electricity and gas meter?
- Nitrogen as carrier of the energy transition: Do we immediately need to transform our gas infrastructure into nitrogen?
- Local energy storage: Although this topic has been broadly researched, it seems the nearby future is still not defined yet. What will happen next?
- Green energy or green landscapes? Sustainable energy production does not always go hand in hand with the existing landscape; do we have enough land to host the energy transition in the Netherlands?
- NewIT: The energy field is one of the sectors where NewIT like Blockchain, VR and AI have a high potential impact. How can these technologies be utilized by Transmission and Distribution organizations in the Netherlands?
- Do you have a research topic on the intersection of new technologies and the Dutch energy industry? Feel free to discuss a well thought out idea.
If you are selected for a job interview, Accenture asks you to choose at least one of the topics above and think of a research question that you would like to investigate during the internship at Accenture.
Place in the organization
Accenture Technology helps clients harness the power of technology and industry insights to innovate, grow and improve. By implementing the latest digital methodologies and design thinking, staying ahead of the digital curve is our business, and driving disruption is what we do.
- You are a HBO, Bachelor or Master (beta) student with a specialization in the areas of Resources and/or Utilities;
- You are in the final year of your graduation and require an internship to write your thesis;
- You have affinity with technology innovations, smart grid, infrastructures and/or the Dutch water market;
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You are pro-active, can work independently and you are a hands-on kind of person;
- You can work with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- You do not mind working on a project base;
- You have a high level of motivation and drive;
- You are eager to learn;
- You would like to work in consulting after you graduate.
What can we offer you?
Within Accenture we offer you a work environment with a focus on your personal development, in which you will receive a lot of responsibility and will be guided by a team of experienced consultants. You will work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for the highest ranked international companies. You will also receive a compensation and a laptop.
- Period: 6 months
- Hours per week: 40
- Location: Utrecht
- Startdate: 1st November 2018
Are you interested?
Are your ready to join Accenture as Smart Grid Associate and change the world around you? Apply online through the ‘apply’ button. For questions about this position feel free to contact Dorine Hogendorp via firstname.lastname@example.org or call (020) 57 28 754.
Accenture solves the toughest technological challenges through standout strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Working with over three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, we drive innovation and shape world around us. With expertise in more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver ground-breaking outcomes for a new digital world.
Innovation is about bringing different people, ideas and perspectives together. As an equal opportunities employer, Accenture welcomes all applications and does not discriminate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
SAP Commodity Pricing Consultant
Business & Technology Integration
Federal - Data Scientist
Accenture DayNine - Workday Certified Financials Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.