Transform the world around you by unleashing your skills and crafting the next generation of technology. Put your expertise to work as part of the world’s largest independent technology services provider and lead the way as a trendsetter in your field. Gain hands on experience and the chance to be certified on one of the hottest skills in the market. We’re ready if you are.
The Resources sector (energy, utilities and chemicals) in the Netherlands is looking to make the next step into digitizing their businesses. Accenture operates at the frontline of these developments, combining new technologies with our deep understanding of the different lines of business. Within this New IT Transition Internship your task will be identifying methods and technologies that companies can incorporate to prepare them for the challenging decades ahead.
As an Accenture Technology intern, you will research innovations and new technologies in the Dutch energy, utilities or chemicals sector focusing on applying new technologies on existing business processes. You will have the freedom and support of Accenture to identify and develop innovations in one of the most rapidly changing sectors of the Netherlands.
The Application Services - Resources Group within Accenture Technology has identified a set of key questions that drive our mindsets towards the future:
(1) What is the impact of new energy sources on the IT landscape for our clients? (2) How can “NEW IT” contribute to the transition from fossil fuels to sustainable energy sources? (3) How can IT technology help commercial businesses to contribute to reducing emissions and make the targets of the Paris Agreement? (4) How to structure a company’s IT landscape in an industry with many global acquisitions and divestments? (5) Why should a (global) company adopt an agile mindset and how to achieve this? (6) How can new IT bring value to improved demand forecast across multiple companies in the resources industry? (7) How to determine the exact location and condition of their assets at any given time? (8) How to transform huge amounts of data into valuable information for a client? (9) Green energy or green landscapes? Sustainable energy production does not always go hand in hand with the existing landscape; do we have enough land to host the energy transition in the Netherlands? (10) “NewIT”: The energy field is one of the sectors where “NewIT” like Blockchain, VR and AI have a high potential impact. How can these technologies be utilized by Transmission and Distribution organizations in the Netherlands?
Do you have a research topic on the intersection of new technologies and the Dutch energy industry? Feel free to discuss a well thought out idea!
If you are selected for a job interview, we ask you to choose at least one of the topics above for further discussion and think of a potential research question that you would like to investigate during the internship at Accenture.
Accenture Technology leverages design thinking, industry insights and the latest digital methodologies to help clients innovate, grow and improve their businesses. Our expertise, capabilities and experience mean that our clients (including some of the biggest brands in the world) trust us to find the right solutions for their needs.
Together with our talented international colleagues, we focus on connecting the needs of businesses with the new possibilities that come with technological progress. Because that's where the real challenges are: inventing and testing things that have never been tried before, getting new applications ready for roll-out, and ultimately guiding clients to select and implement the right technologies to transform their businesses.
- Final year HBO, Bachelor or Master (beta) student with a specialization or relevant experience in the areas of resources and/or utilities
- Affinity with the Dutch resources market and technology innovations
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Proactive, eager to learn and able to solve complex issues
- Available for 6 months
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A compensation and a laptop
- Travel’s allowance
- Guidance by a team of experienced consultants
- An active intern-community
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Kim Jap Tjoen San via email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.