The Offerings and Services Regulatory Compliance Counsel (the “Counsel”) is responsible for providing the legal support for regulatory compliance of Accenture offerings and services within the Financial Services offerings and services regulatory compliance subgroup.
The Counsel is responsible for the offerings and services assigned to him in his offerings and services regulatory compliance subgroup, for (i) performing regulatory risk assessment and designing and implementing compliance programs for offerings and services from creation through delivery and (ii) acting as a legal advisor and providing legal support to merger and acquisitions and strategic and complex opportunities in order to identify regulatory issues and to design and implement required offering related compliance plans. The Counsel is responsible for providing proactive strategic offerings advice to Accenture Businesses and Industries leadership and team within his remit.
The Counsel assists with all of the forgoing and works with Legal’s Sales and Delivery personnel and Business teams to ensure that our contractual agreements appropriately address regulatory issues relating to offerings and services. This role collaborates with and leverages expertise from all teams within CORE, Strategic and Complex Contracting, Transaction Contracting and Contract Management, V&A and other Corporate functions. Further, the role collaborates with Litigation, Government Relations and Corporate Investigations teams to design and implement remediation plan related to offering and services regulatory issues.
Key role accountabilities:
- Offerings and services regulatory risk assessment:
- Lead offerings and services regulatory risk assessments and develop and implement creative, competitive and market relevant solutions and risks mitigations to embed regulatory compliance in offerings and services from creation through delivery
- Lead early involvement in the development of new or expanded offerings and services to make the offering or services compliant from creation
- Coordinate legal support from other subject matter experts required for the completion of the regulatory risk assessment, design and implementation relevant solutions and risks mitigations (Global Ethics and Compliance, Geographic operations, GDN, D&SO, IP, Finance …)
- Work with the Strategic sourcing team (Alliances and Technology Ecosystems Legal team) to provide offerings expertise for the development of offerings third party vendors ecosystem
- Lead offerings and services regulatory review for strategic and complex deals including involvement in compliance work stream and negotiations
- Lead offerings and services regulatory due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, including involvement in due diligence and PMI activities
- Compliance programs:
- Lead the design and implementation of offerings or services compliance programs, including licensing requirements, working with other Legal functions and Business Teams
- Closely working with the Offerings and Services Regulatory Compliance Legal Director approval, prepare and/or represent Accenture in discussions with regulators, compliance officers of clients, vendors, alliance partners and other parties with whom Accenture may be associated, working with all teams within CORE, Contracting Services, Contract Management, Litigation, Government Relations and Corporate Investigations as needed
- Lead the monitoring of offerings or services or regulated entities compliance programs and implement required actions to maintain compliance, working closely with the Legal lead of offerings and services regulatory compliance programs monitoring
- Regulatory compliance legal advisor
- Establish key relationships and act as legal advisor to Business Senior Leadership, providing proactive strategic and cross offerings advice on existing or future regulations within the industry, business or specific to an offering or service
- Lead the development of sales approach and point of views on strategic regulated areas with an Accenture Business and/or an Industry focus
- Provide offerings and services regulatory compliance subject matter expertise to Business and other Legal teams (Contracting, D&SO, M&A, Litigation…) as needed
- Capability development:
- Develop awareness of Legal, Sales and Delivery teams on offerings and services regulatory compliance, and design and implement regulatory compliance training curriculum and appropriate trainings, working closely with the Legal Director, OGs and GPs General Legal Support, Technology Labs & Training, Knowledge and Capability Development
- Develop actionable solutions and practical tools/recommendations/guidelines for regulated offerings and services for Legal Sales and Delivery teams and Business teams.
- Manage the development and maintenance of legal/compliance knowledge management capital
- Operate his offerings and services regulatory compliance subgroup cost effectively and consistent with relevant Accenture policies by optimizing the development and use of standardized tools and processes, developing alternative sourcing and closely managing costs and relationships with law firms
- Reports to: Legal Director, Offerings and Services Regulatory Compliance for Financial Services
- Supervises: Legal Professionals (Sr. Managers, Managers, Specialists) for ad hoc / special projects
- Legal Services: CORE Legal Team, Sales and Delivery Legal Teams, other members of the Legal Services group;
- External legal services: law firms and legal contractors; and,
- Senior business leadership of the Operating Group(s) and/or Growth Platform(s) within his remit and various business teams throughout Accenture.