Does the world of Big Data excite you? Do you want to help our clients become high performance and data-driven businesses? If so, we would love to meet you!
As a Big Data Engineer Consultant, you will be part of the Digital Analytics team in Amsterdam. You will work directly with our clients in the Netherlands and sometimes also abroad to advise them from a business and technology perspective on how to become data driven and implement the fantastic opportunities that big data can bring. Your work can vary from advice on the Big Data platform they need to work on, including defining the solution architecture, to building scalable, streaming Big Data solutions making use of state of the art technologies.
As part of your day to day activities, you will be working with the largest Big Data vendors in the world, cool innovative start-ups in the Big Data space, and the top clients in the Netherlands and abroad.
Accenture Digital is seen as the most effective 'digital enablers' around. And with good reason: Their work includes pioneering next-level marketing, implementing industry-changing digital transformations and improving business performance using digital technology and data insights.
You will collaborate closely with our clients (including some notable brand names) to figure out what the possibilities are for their business. Innovating through cloud, mobility, or analytics, the end goal is to design and deliver custom digital solutions that work in the field – whether that’s online or offline.
- Master’s degree in areas like Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Information Management
- Minimum 3+ years of hands on relevant Big Data technologies or implementations
- Experienced in distributed computing, distributed storage, and containerisation; Spark/PySpark, Kafka, SQL & NoSQL (e.g., Elastic, Hive, BigQuery, Kafka KTables, AWS S3), Docker, Kubernetes
- Experienced in programming with Python or Scala and familiar with micro services development (REST API’s/IoT)
- Fluent in English. Fluent Dutch is a strong preference, but not mandatory
- Good business communication skills, able to transform business requirements into use cases
Accenture is a marvelous place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you'll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we're proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense, and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides high-profile, demanding projects and a nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- Discount on Accenture shares
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Vera Klaasen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-1266 7241.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.