About Accenture (#LI-PH):
Accenture is a leading global professional services company that helps the world’s leading businesses, governments and other organizations build their digital core, optimize their operations, accelerate revenue growth and enhance citizen services—creating tangible value at speed and scale. We are a talent and innovation led company with 738,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Technology is at the core of change today, and we are one of the world’s leaders in helping drive that change, with strong ecosystem relationships. We combine our strength in technology with unmatched industry experience, functional expertise and global delivery capability. We are uniquely able to deliver tangible outcomes because of our broad range of services, solutions and assets across Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Operations, Industry X and Accenture Song. These capabilities, together with our culture of shared success and commitment to creating 360° value, enable us to help our clients succeed and build trusted, lasting relationships. We measure our success by the 360° value we create for our clients, each other, our shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. DBA is also involved in the planning and development of the database and troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- Responsible to plans and organize database activities regarding reliability, performance monitoring and tuning, security, back-up and disaster recovery
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users by conducting training, providing information and resolving problems.
- Supports database functions. Codes, edits, installs and verifies store procedures and functions for accessing, maintaining and populating databases
- Recommends and implements database solutions to support data integrity efforts
- Implement required security controls are designed around data and databases
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Participates in cross-team and cross-project implementations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed