Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
- Global Legal Network (GLN) Geographic Legal Team supports teams and processes within CORE areas in a specific region or across different geographies.
- The role entails working as an individual contributor or to work along with a team of other GLN members, including offshore and/or onshore CORE professionals within Accenture Legal Group.
- The GLN CGS Geo C&C Legal member will handle legal support in documenting and reviewing terms and conditions through contracts/sub contracts, proposals, service agreements, negotiating NDAs, RFP responses, Statements of Work, corporate governance matters and other operational documents relating to various operating groups in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. The member will also encompasses the need to liaise & collaborate with other stakeholders and teams within Accenture, like, deal teams, solution architects, finance, HR, Controllership, procurement, etc., as well as, with subcontractors/vendors.
- The objective of the role is to provide comprehensive support to Legal Services team which includes support on Accenture policies and processes, legal research, legal judgements, using various tools and methodologies focused on internal policy compliances, risk mitigation, contract execution, etc.
- Additionally, the role involves contributing to GLN, especially in people management and people development initiatives, when required.
- Support the in-country Legal Counsel and the legal services team with vendor contracting in different geographies in documenting and reviewing terms and conditions and corporate governance matters relating to various operating groups in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable laws.
- Support the in-country Legal Counsel and the legal services team with drafting, reviewing and negotiating Arrangement Letters/Statement of Work, Subcontract Agreements, RFP responses, Teaming Agreements, Services Agreements, Software License Agreements, SaaS and different IT contracts Marketing Materials, Local Country Agreements, Services Agreements, Sponsorship agreements, NDA's, creation of Due Diligence Memos, draft the constitution, directors’ resolutions, power of attorneys etc. or other type of documents.
- Independently work on medium spend engagements and on high spend high risk deals and on complex engagements.
- Support the in-country Legal Counsel and the legal services team with legal research, training and educational activities to enhance legal awareness within the company at the local and global levels as well as assist with the reports and filings to the local judicial or administrative bodies.
- Structure client/vendor legal transactions to be most advantageous from a contracting and business perspective and escalates accordingly to the SME/leadership on the deal etc.
- Advise Accenture deal teams on accurate interpretation of contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity.
- Ensure quality assurance on the work product of junior and new team members within the support area specifically on low to medium complexity matters through guidance, knowledge sharing and quality review support (e.g. conducting effective QA of other team members' deliverable).
- Provide contracting professionals with positive and developmental feedback on their work product, conduct etc. as a supervisor or QA resource.
- Liaise with external company secretarial and law firms.
- Review / verify details in Company Documents for Accenture's declaration to be presented in proposal documents.
- Provide support regarding any license/permit required locally and any associated renewals etc.
- Provide support in revision of corporate documents in accordance with the Accenture internal policies and applicable law changes.
- Assisting in performing legal due diligences for geographic expansions and for work in countries considered "high risk" as per Accenture policies.
- Developing and maintaining trusted working relationships with key individuals and SME's regionally e.g. Treasury, Tax, Controllership, GAP, Local Legal Groups, and External Counsel from all countries.
- Understand company's approval processes in context of the services and ensures that all stakeholders are timely engaged and informed on the relevant process including understanding the Code of Business Ethics (COBE), Data Privacy & ,Information Security Anti-Corruption Laws and related policies and apply the same to ensure compliance and manage the Accenture deals within the procurement or Corporate Functions domain.
- Drive innovation in support areas and new service lines by thinking out of the box to manage existing process more efficiently. Support in developing legal services training initiatives materials.
- Understand the other legal teams’ areas of support and the surrounding issues and statutory regulations.
- Understand relevant company policies and its application to the support area.
- Understand company's service offerings in context of the support area.
- Arrange for dispatch/ collection of documents from relevant parties.
- Interact and coordinate with the business and all other support functions to ensure contractual risks are clearly identified and addressed in compliance with Accenture's policies and standards.
- Represent company’s interests and interface directly with client/ vendor negotiating teams.
- Develop specialized subject-matter expertise in support area.
- Provide supervision, coaching and mentoring of legal services personnel including junior and new members joining the team, as required.
- Escalate queries as appropriate to SME/ team lead, and work with the team lead/SME to ensure such escalated matters are completed.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Degree in Law.
- Expertise in risk analysis and management. Display legal document drafting skills.
- Basic understanding of both, commercial and legal contractual risks and displays ability to provide business-oriented legal advice.
- Fluent in English with strong oral and written skills. Fluent in any local/ regional language as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with ease with all levels of recourses within the organization and across borders. Adaptability to fast paced culture and dynamic business requirements.
- Work autonomously with high degree of self-reliance. Be detail-oriented, organized, flexible and focused. Display high level of responsiveness and follow through on commitments. Display positive, collaborative attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills.
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.