- Takes charge of data analysis and modeling projects. Scope includes project design, business review meetings with external clients - obtain requirements/deliverables, receiving and processing of data, performing analyses and modeling, preparing final reports/presentations, communication of results and implementation support.
- Demonstrates to stakeholders the business value of implementing analytics. Provides technical support, such as needs assessments, scoping and preparation/presentation of proposals.
- Employ advanced statistical methods to create high-performing predictive models and innovative analyses to address business objectives. Tests new statistical analysis methods, software and data sources to continually improve quantitative solutions.
- Data wrangling/data matching/ETL techniques. Work with a variety of data sources, perform summary analyses and prepare modeling datasets. Deploy analytical solutions in production systems.
- Communicates clearly on product design, data specification, model implementations. Conveys project/test results, opportunities and questions to clients effectively. Resolves problems and works towards timely and high-quality project completion.
- Serve as the data science subject matter expert in meetings with internal stakeholders and external vendors. Actively involved in proof of concepts with new data, software and technologies.
- Advanced degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline. Relevant fields include statistics, computer science, mathematics, economics.
- Preferred 2-3 years of relevant industry experience OR Ph.D. with concentration in similar fields.
- Deep expertise in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, tree models (Random Forests and GBM), GLM, cluster analysis, feature creation, principal components and validation. Strong expertise in regularization techniques (Ridge, Lasso, elastic nets), variable selection techniques, feature creation (transformation, binning, high level categorical reduction, etc.) and validation (hold-outs, CV, bootstrap).
- Experience in database systems (Hadoop, Oracle, etc.), ETL/data lineage software (Talend, Informatica), data modeling and governance.
- Worked with data visualization (e.g. R Shiny, Spotfire, Tableau, Qlik)
- Able to create effective PowerPoint presentations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.