Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries – powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. DBA is also involved in the planning and development of the database and troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- Responsible to plans and organize database activities regarding reliability, performance monitoring and tuning, security, back-up and disaster recovery
- Recommends solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs revised or new systems by proposing specifications and flowcharts; recommending optimum access techniques; coordinating installation requirements.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Prepares users by conducting training, providing information and resolving problems.
- Supports database functions. Codes, edits, installs and verifies store procedures and functions for accessing, maintaining and populating databases
- Recommends and implements database solutions to support data integrity efforts
- Implement required security controls are designed around data and databases
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Participates in cross-team and cross-project implementations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or any equivalent degree
- Typically require 5 years of database administration experience working with various database management systems
- Has a broad level of understanding of information systems, applications standards
- Good problem-solving, strong analytical and organisational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.