- Assigned and accountable for specific areas of responsibility/deliverables.
- May prioritize and oversee activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Performs a range of tasks from complex to straightforward within the scope of the function.
- Assists in the identification, assessment and resolution of complex issues/problems.
- Required to assess and resolve non-standard/standard issues/problems largely on own initiative.
- Decides within an available range of solutions/practices, which are the most applicable.
- Makes decisions within parameters set by manager, using job/specialist experience.
- Seeks advise and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of job.
- Subject to general direction and guidance from manager as appropriate.
- Interacts with client/users around specific work efforts/deliverables.
- As appropriate may directly supervise or co-ordinate the work of others in a discrete section/small team.
- Coaches inexperienced team members and provides first level advice on procedures/work methods, for those who may be at the same level.
- Thorough working knowledge of one functional area through significant job experience and training.
- Sufficient experience or specialized knowledge to allow application/modification of existing methods and systems on own initiative in line with business context.
Involved in higher aspects and complex financial accounting relating to the following:
- Fixed Assets – Additions, Divestments (sale, transfer, discarding etc)
- Intercompany / Hub
- Accounts Receivable
- General Accounting
- The selected persons will initially be required to perform specific projects / tasks as may be assigned from time to time before being deployed for full time work on a single desk. The selected persons should be willing to perform such projects / tasks which provides them an overview of the work in the General Accounting services area as well as understand the client business, computer systems, process details and procedures. Requires flexibility on part of a selected candidate to adapt to different work requirements which could change from time to time.
- Assist business units of client (one of the largest companies in the world) to close their financial books for period-end (Month / Quarter / Year) and enable them to report financial results
- Reconciliation of assigned accounts in General Ledger to their independent source.
- Processing periodic / regular journals either based on standing instructions from client or as an Adhoc request from client, after carrying out necessary checks per prescribed process
- Assist the client in the exercise of financial control over books by performing such checks as may be prescribed
- Prepare any reports or financial information for use by client
- Responsible for financial accounting and reporting that has a material impact on key components of the client’s financial statements.
- Responsible for the preparation, coordination and review of financial accounting analyses and journal entries to properly recognize actual results for material components of the client’s operations.
- May be required to prepare a wide range of financial reporting applicable to scope of the assigned responsibilities.
- Analyzes transactions, understands and explains variances, and proactively identifies potential problems and solutions.
- Ability to recognize unusual transactions, trends, or variations and communicate findings to supervisor or manager.
- Ability to manage/monitor accounting close responsibilities
- Initiates and facilitates the sharing of process knowledge and best practices within the team and across the engagement, and is capable of impacting and influencing others.
- Develops and maintains documentation on projects and team assignments.
- Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements in procedures of team assignments.
- Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills
- Coordinates and contributes to accounting processes.
- Proactively recognizes problems within scope of responsibilities, draws from appropriate resources to identify options and solutions based on the relative cost benefit, then implements solutions.
- Proactively adapts to a changing business environment and revises accounting processes and procedures accordingly.
- Maintains an awareness of the client’s business, operational activities, and processes in areas pertaining to scope of responsibilities.
- Must have a high user proficiency in the client’s financial systems and desktop applications.
- Maintains strong technical accounting skills, and accounting systems and process skills.
- Prepares and ensures accuracy of accounting data.
- Ensures account analyses are comprehensive, substantive, and performed on a timely basis.
- Ensures that assigned monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting targets are met.
- May be called to participate in the development and installation of system enhancements when required.
- Reviews financial accounting and regulatory requirements as well as client accounting policies and procedures, and ensures compliance.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple systems and data flows.
- Proactively chooses to learn and utilize new skills.
- Communicates relevant information on a timely basis. Clearly expresses ideas and concepts both orally and in writing, recognizing the audience and communicating appropriately.
- Knowledgeable and responsive to the client’s needs and wants and managing client expectations when necessary.
- Requires professional interaction and communication, both within the Accenture organization and with client contacts. May be called upon to represent financial accounting matters on behalf of the client to internal and external auditors, and to other third parties. Key interactions typically involve:
- Client operations
- Other key client contacts (e.g. tax)
- Government and regulatory agencies
- Other functional groups within Accenture engagement.
- Highly self-motivated to work independently, within delegated authority, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team, and a clear understanding of how assigned responsibilities impact other processes and the work of other people.
- Adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills.
- Understand the customer and internal performance requirements of the processes delivered by the delivery location (as documented in the relevant process SIPOC)
- Understand process input and output requirements and take continuous and pro-active steps to monitor and control them as appropriate to meet performance and customer requirements
- Ensure high degree of compliance to the documented processes delivered such as adhering to the defined Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) and Local Work Instructions (LWIs) as appropriate
- Take ownership to implement assigned process metrics collection, reporting, process risks mitigating actions, controls
- Uses and maintains process maps, appropriately identifying inputs, outputs, roles and responsibilities
- Participate in process risk management discussions to identify and address manageable process risks, providing input as a subject matter expert
- Adhere to the defined Visual Management Plan and continuously make improvements to realize it’s stated objectives
- Participates in team meetings (MOS) to review and execute work planned to help realize it’s stated objectives
- Participate in the definition of current process performance baseline metrics (as defined in Metrics Data Collection Plan)
- Ensure process documentation is updated, as appropriate, and ensure adherence to the defined process change control is followed.
- Qualified Accountant, minimum 2 years accounting experience, or qualified by experience
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Clear communicator
- Professional manner and appearance
- Confident but tactful
- Calm under pressure
- Positive attitude and “can do” approach
- Ability to embrace and adapt to change
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Jose
Bilingual -Content Moderation Associate
Business Process Delivery
USA AL - Huntsville
Federal - SAP Functional Analyst
Business & Technology Integration
Middleware & Integration Architecture Manager
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.