- Lead the Employee and Labor Relations and Policies function and manage policy and compliance areas
- Fully accountable for managing employee relations and developing programs to address areas of concern when necessary or educates on existing ER initiatives
- Collaborates effectively with the Employment Law team, both internal or external, on matters that potentially have an element of legal risk to the business or the brand. May represent Accenture in legal issues under advice from internal or external legal counsels
- Collaborates actively with various teams like Legal / GAP / WP and other teams to ensure closure of complex ER / IR matters and help deal with deal with emergency situations that endanger the life and safety of Accenture employees.
- Perform Support or take lead in investigation with various parties like FHR/GAP/WP/CI when assigned by supervisor.
- Provides expert counsel for dealing with Police and Court matters involving Accenture Employees while working the Accenture Employment Law Team and external legal counsels
- Provides leadership in institutionalizing the framework to prevent matters of sexual harassment as per law.
- Collaborates and provides critical support to COE / Field HR Teams in matters involving Mergers / Acquisitions / Ramp Downs, etc.
- Coordinates planning with FHRs, COEs and management to design and implement employee relations strategies that will help minimize employee matters pertaining to violation of code of business ethics.
- Act as a policy counsel and subject matter expert for all HR policies to the area leadership, local country HR leadership and HR representatives
- Provide feedback and input for improvement of ER & LR programs, processes and policies
- Define policy frameworks and provide policy governance
- Review policies and policy education tools in line with business needs
- Provide expertise and guidance on writing policies
- Consult on new policy requirements and support changes to existing policies and policy implementation, provide guidance in line with current and future local legislation
- Serve as the escalation point on policy and process, offer solutions to HR, leadership and other stakeholders
- Support local HR teams, offer knowledge and guidance when rolling out policies and processes and communicating policy changes
- Support local HR teams in managing sensitive employee situations and to review instances of employee misconduct, including investigating and recommending disciplinary action weighing the extent of violation, fairness of action and local employment laws
- Assist the Corporate Investigations team in reviewing Business Ethics Line matters and conducting local employee investigations
- Act as an escalation point, resolve complex policy issues and assess demands for exceptions to policy
- Ensure awareness of and enforce compliance to policies and procedures in the geographies
- Provide feedback and input for HR programs and processes related from a legal and employee relations standpoint and ensure compliance
- Work with Shared Services to monitor and take appropriate action on compliance related issues
- Responsible to measure process capability and efficiency and drive improvement
- Assess policy issues in regard to legal risk; work with legal advisors to ensure compliance to and understanding legislation
- Identify need for new policies and procedures due to changing business needs, best practice and legislative changes
- Regularly review policies and procedures, ensure they are updated and in line with industry best practice
- Experience in conducting internal investigations.
- Experience interpreting relevant laws and other regulations in partnership with the employment law team to minimize risk to Accenture.
- Experience in providing insights into HR policies, programs and processes ensuring that the processes meet compliance and quality standards globally
- Strong leadership, efficient stakeholder management and effective communication skills
- Good managerial courage with an ability to lead critical conversations, using tact to diffuse high tension situations effectively
- Excellent issue resolution skills with ability to negotiate and resolve complex matters, putting specific problems in context of larger system
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret statistical data that can aid in developing the implementing analytics based approach to preventing issues.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively influence leaders at all levels
- Strong knowledge of employee relations and policy as well as country and local law and regulations
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively and the ability to foster strong sense of teamwork amongst peers and subordinates.
- Demonstrated success in resolution of ER issues working with all levels of employees and management
- Experience in anticipating issues, problem solving and implementing solutions, including referring critical issues to the appropriate level of management, and improving efficiency, quality, cost and productivity
- Demonstrated strong business acumen. Knowledge of multiple businesses, functions, and processes as well as solid knowledge of business and functional issues, and proven track record to positively impact business results.
- Demonstrated understanding of evolving ER landscape and capability of supporting organizational change efforts
- Capability to innovate and integrate ER processes around critical business issues, and align people, process and structure to support these innovations
- Experience in Labor Relations
- Experience in Regulatory Compliance
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA NC - Charlotte
Banking Regulatory Analyst
USA TX - Dallas
Provider Relations Recruitment & Retention Representative - Dallas
Business Process Delivery
Industry X.0 - IIoT Digital Practice & Offering Delivery Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.