Accenture Research uncovers trends and shapes data-driven insights through Thought Leadership and Research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines deep understanding of Accenture clients’ industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today.
Our growing team of 300 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
Our team uses innovative business research techniques such as data science, economic value modeling, analytics, crowdsourcing, expert networks, surveys, data visualization, and open research with Tier 1 academic and business partners. Accenture Research powers hundreds of points of views published by Accenture every year, answers thousands of thought-provoking questions from clients around the world, drives the insights that guides Accenture’s business strategy and handles Accenture’s exclusive network of data and sources covering all industries, countries, market trends and digital technologies. The team is part of Accenture’s Strategy Office.
We work in two main areas:
- Developing thought leadership and understanding trends: Accenture creates original, cutting-edge points of view to use with clients, the media and in conferences. Most of our projects are published and quoted in the media and you are expected to have a voice and an opinion on the industry both inside and beyond Accenture. Research into industry trends informs publications and the direction of our business.
- Client-focused research: You will work alongside our colleagues from the practice to provide research on clients’ business challenges and opportunities, support proposals, engagements and day to day discussions with clients on their business and industry.
About the role
S&C Japan Research Manager: Responsible for partnering with the Japan S&C Research team and manage the S&C Research team member and research work to grow our business and competitive differentiation in this market. S&C Research will be focusing on Japanese S&C related research activity and provocative insights relevant to clients who are in Japan. The S&C Research manager will be a recognized and respected expert in S&C Japanese managements and a client-facing partner in building relationships with Japan-based companies.
- Develops thought provoking point of view on the future of the industry and imperatives for success, based on proprietary insights, market analysis and in-depth review of trends
- Works directly with the Japanese S&C management team to shape business strategy and market positioning
- Initiates highly differentiated market messages through thought leadership and innovative thinking
- Develops innovative research; proactively introduces innovation to senior leadership and clients
- Designs and manages research to define and re-shape thinking on Japanese industry/business/technology issues
- Recognized as an industry expert by the S&C’s Japanese leadership team and clients
- Expertise sought after by senior leadership within the Japanese S&C
- Publishes regularly through Accenture’s publication channels, social media, industry publications and more
- Has a strong internal and growing external network and social media presence
- A core member of the Japanese S&C Research team – critical ability to operate at the manager level
- Research focused on Accenture Business (“so what?”) with major and long-lasting impact
- Credible in presenting work and discussing issues with clients
- Credible in presenting work externally
- Shapes & manages complex research programs of work and manages related budget
- Partners with leadership-level stakeholders in business (Industry Sector Lead, MU/ Offering leads, Client Account Leads, etc.)
- Credible with leadership and clients
- Collaborative working style
- Talent magnet and role model
- Coaches and mentors junior researchers on projects
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
- Track record in research with broad experience in applying the main research techniques, including familiarity with key Japanese -relevant data sources, financial analysis, strategic frameworks, and survey research. Experience in economic modeling would be an advantage (but not a requirement)
- Subject matter expertise across Japan, strong point of view on the future of the industry and understanding of key industry convergence opportunities
- Issue-based problem solving and provocative storytelling
- An understanding of the role of data, digital and technology in Japan
- Strong data and analytical skills and a proven understanding of how we creatively data to drive business outcomes
- Solid experience in the presentation of research deliverables to high level executives
- Intellectual curiosity
- Proven ability to manage people and research projects
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong communications skills (focus on actionable intelligence) and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
Reports to: Japan Research Lead. Also collaborate with S&C Research lead
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher (2:1 or First); MBA preferred
- Experienced Manager or similar, close to Senior Manager
- 7+ years research/ professional services experience – Strategy consulting preferred
- Global / large private corporation or institution, research think tank or recognized research government agency
Learn more about Accenture