Skill required: Procurement management - Procurement Strategy and Planning
Designation: Management Level - Manager
Job Location: Bengaluru
Qualifications: Master of Business Administration
Years of Experience: 13-18 years
About Accenture Operations
In today's business environment, growth isn't just about building value-it's fundamental to long-term business survival. So how do organizations sustain themselves? The key is a new operating model-one that's anchored around the customer and propelled by intelligence to deliver exceptional experiences across the enterprise at speed and at scale. You will deliver breakthrough business outcomes for clients-by harnessing talent, data and intelligence to revolutionize their operating models. Operations is one of four services that make up one Accenture -the others are Strategy and Consulting, Interactive and Technology. Visit us at www.accenture.com
What would you do?
You will be aligned with our Procurement vertical and help us in the process of finding and agreeing to terms, and acquiring goods, services, or works from an external source, often via a tendering or competitive bidding process. Procurement is used to ensure the buyer receives goods, services, or works at the best possible price when aspects such as quality, quantity, time, and location are compared.
You will be working as a part of Procurement management team which uses a systematic approach for buying all the goods and services needed for a company to stay sustainable. They are involved in the identification of need, finding and qualifying the suppliers, requesting proposals, negotiating with suppliers, contracting, delivery and analyzing results.
The Procurement Strategy and Planning team is responsible for establishing long-range plans for ensuring a timely supply of goods and/or services that are critical to our firm's ability to meet its core business objectives. The team is focused on ensuring on-time delivery of materials at the designated place from suppliers while managing any queries during the process. Coordinating with suppliers & other stakeholders, determining expediting methodology, keeping track of delivery schedules, inspections, PO amendments, project milestones, & post-PO management will all be critical elements. The role may require you to have experience working in Direct or Indirect (CAPEX, MRO) categories, knowledge of PO Processing, Vendor Master Data, Tactical Buying / Spot Buys, RFx, Procurement Help Desk functions, Process Optimization, QA Framework, etc.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Ability to establish strong client relationship
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle disputes
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role you are required to identify and assess complex problems for area of responsibility
- You will need to create solutions in situations which requires an in-depth analysis/evaluation of variable factors
- This will require alignment to strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals
- Your primary interaction will be with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach
- Some latitude in decision-making is involved, you will act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- You will need to flag risks to clients and Accenture stakeholders and propose action plans where needed
- You will need to have an innovative mindset to identify improvement opportunities to optimize processes, decrease costs and increase client value
- Decisions that you make in this role will have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility
- You will be managing medium - large sized teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture
- You would require transformation mindset and eye for identifying automation/process improvement opportunities.
Please note this role may require you to work in rotational shifts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.